Responder
¡Bienvenido! Para que puedas participar, intercambiar mensajes privados, subir fotos, dar kudos y ser parte de las conversaciones necesitas estar ingresado en los Foros. | Ingresa | Regístrate Gratis
Diamante
siboneyes

Re: ALTO PRECIO PAGA E.U. POR LA IDIOTEZ DE OBAMA

PART 2

And so it went: The more evil the enemy committed, the more hysterical grew the attacks on us by our own elites. Wall Street reporter Daniel Pearl was beheaded by Al Qaeda operatives, who filmed the procedure and proudly put it online. Al Qaeda agent Richard Reid tried to blow up a plane headed to Miami with explosives hidden in his shoe. Jihadis in Spain blew up the morning commuter trains in Madrid, killing 191 people.

Meanwhile, Majority Leader Tom Daschle brought every Democratic Senator to the premiere of Fahrenheit 9/11, Michael Moore’s viciously dishonest smear job of America and its president, and led the standing ovation. The Democrats then honored Moore with a seat next to Jimmy Carter at the Democratic National Convention, serenely untroubled by Moore’s gushing comparison of Saddam’s armies to America’s Minutemen.

The yellow brick road to Obama was paved with febrile insanity, a self-induced blindness that staunchly refused to see the massacres unfolding before our eyes. In 2005, the same year that homegrown Islamic terrorists blew up London’s busses and subways, Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry went on Sunday morning television and said, “And there is no reason, Bob, that young American soldiers need to be going into the homes of Iraqis in the dead of night, terrorizing kids and children, you know, women.”

A little-known incident in New York crystallized for me the obnoxious lunacy of our times. To the world, New York symbolizes the Ground Zero of pain, sacrifice and loss. Yet, New York almost immediately succumbed to self-hating delirium, desperate for vengeance against its greatest enemy: America’s Commander-in-Chief.

In 2006, New York State Comptroller Alan Hevesi spoke at the graduation ceremony of Queens College, a public university. Here’s how he introduced New York’s Senator Charles Schumer to the fresh-faced graduates: “The man who, how do I phrase this diplomatically, who will put a bullet between the president’s eyes if he could get away with it.”

And thus, from the ashes of the World Trade Center arose Barack Hussein Obama — the One who would redeem us, floating above the world like a multicultural Messiah. He bore a miraculous name, redolent of our two worst enemies, which seemed to promise some sort of divine intervention. He offered us the Muslim heritage of his father as a magical shield, deflecting the homicidal rage of seething hordes in scary, far-off places, and preserving our peace with no price to pay. His jutting jaw, tilted upwards a la Mussolini, would be our amulet, as all the world marveled at the Lightworker, the brilliant new god America had made.

The hysteria that accompanied Obama’s campaign — the fainting at his rallies, the Il Duce-like graphics, the Styrofoam Greek columns, the singing of his praises by glassy-eyed students led by enraptured cadres of apparatchik teachers — bore no resemblance to anything that had ever happened in mainstream American politics. We tried to create a god to defend our freedom, because it was easier than the hard work needed to defend it ourselves.

Alas, the destruction that Obama wrought may ultimately dwarf the wreckage of 9/11. As we are now relearning, there are no man-made gods; only the All Mighty who never tires of teaching us that the road to freedom has no shortcuts.

Write Stella Paul at Stellapundit@aol.com.

Diamante
siboneyes

ALTO PRECIO PAGA E.U. POR LA IDIOTEZ DE OBAMA

Dow, S&P Worst Thanksgiving Week Since 1932

Friday, 25 Nov 2011

By: JeeYeon Park CNBC.com Writer

Stocks closed in negative territory in thin, shortened trading Friday as investors were reluctant to go long ahead of the weekend and amid ongoing worries over the euro zone.

The Dow and S&P posted their worst Thanksgiving week since the Great Depression on a percentage basis.

The S&P 500 and the Nasdaq also ended lower, logging a seventh consecutive decline. Some traders are watching for 1,150 on the S&P as the next key level.

In Europe, S&P downgraded Belgium one notch to AA from AA-plus, further underscoring worries over the euro zone debt contagion.

Earlier, EU officials said euro zone member states were discussing dropping private sector involvement from the permanent bailout mechanism.

U.S. third-quarter growth revised down to 2.0%

(Down from an already pathetic 2.5%)

Marketwatch ^ | 11/25/2011 | Jeffry Bartash

Posted on Saturday, November 26, 2011 10:17:31 AM by SeekAndFind

WASHINGTON (MarketWatch) — The U.S. economy grew at a slower pace than originally estimated in the third quarter, mainly because companies reduced inventories and did not invest as much.

The Commerce Department cut its estimate of gross domestic product to 2.0% from a first reading of 2.5%. Government’s second revision of GDP includes data not fully available earlier, such inventory levels and trade data. As a result, it paints a more accurate picture of U.S. growth.

Economists surveyed by MarketWatch expected the government to trim its estimate to 2.3%.

The economy only grew at a 1.3% rate in the 2011 second quarter and 0.4% in the first quarter.

Real final sales, which excludes imports, is viewed as the best indicator of economic activity in the GDP report because it measures domestic consumer demand. Consumer spending accounts for as much as 70% of all U.S. growth.

What’s more, a decline in inventories is often followed by an increase. That suggests fourth-quarter GDP could get a boost from rising inventories.

Yet while the economy accelerated since late summer, the U.S. is still not growing fast enough to put most Americans who want a job back to work. The unemployment rate stood at 9.0% in October.

“The surprises were not really much of a surprise and really are not to the main GDP components that determine trend growth”

Diamante
siboneyes

ALTO PRECIO PAGA E.U. POR LA IDIOTEZ DE OBAMA

Good Riddance, "Subprime" Banking Queen, Barney Frank

Rush Limbaugh.com ^ | November 28, 2011

RUSH: So Barney Frank is retiring from Congress. He's not going to seek reelection. He's gonna announce it in less than an hour -- well, he's announced it. He's gonna tell us why in less than an hour. I've been looking into this, and the basic reason, well, it's partly to spend more time with the family. (laughing) What family? I don't know, folks. Figure it out. It's a redistricting thing. His district has been rewritten in such a way that he probably could not win it is what really has gone down there and that's pretty much it. I don't know what he's gonna say. He's not gonna say that as the reason. But as far as I'm concerned, good riddance. If there is a name that is singularly attached to this economic collapse via the subprime mortgage fiasco, it's Barney Frank, along with Chris Dodd as well and most elements of the Democrat Party back in the Clinton years moving forward.

If running a prostitution ring in your house couldn't make you resign, what does? Wait. Barney did not run the prostitution ring. He said he didn't know that it was going on. It was his partner at the time, Stephen Gobie. Yeah.   Barney fixed parking tickets for the clientele at the house. So if having a prostitution ring being run out of your basement couldn't embarrass you to retire, you do have to wonder what it is.

I mean the media's shaken. The Drive-Bys are terribly upset about this. It caught everybody by surprise. It's gonna boil down to a redistricting thing where he, I'm sure, was not confident that he could win, pure and simple. He had a very tough time last time. He had a tough time last time, and that was in a district that was written for him. They've gone from ten to nine districts in Massachusetts, and one of the districts took a major hit and a new shape, it was rewritten, new form. Looked entirely different, it was Barney's. I also think as part of this, Barney doesn't strike me as the kind of guy who wants to be part of an ongoing minority for an interminable number of years. And he's gotta know what things are looking like for the Democrat Party in not just the House but the Senate, elections nationwide.

RUSH: So I watched a little bit of Barney Frank. Folks, it was hilarious. For one thing, he's quitting, so his seat, Barney Frank's seat is now wide open. Yes siree, Bob, says he's stepping down to pursue an active life. He gave a lot of reasons for stepping down. I lost count. Among them, that he's convinced that conservative Republicans are not gonna raise taxes on the 1% so he doesn't want to be there for that. As I told you at the beginning of the program, it's a redistricting thing, and he spent a lot of time on that. And this was hilarious. He said he just doesn't want to go to a new district of people and try to tell 'em that he's gonna represent 'em for a couple years and then retire. He's represented a certain group of people for all these years, among them the fishing industry, and he said, (imitating) "I cannot walk away from the fishing industry in Massachusetts. I just can't walk away from the fishing industry." The fishing industry would not be in this new district.

What it means is, is that he would have to campaign; what it means is that he might lose; what it means is that the Democrats are gonna be in the minority for the foreseeable future, and all these years Barney never had to campaign. The last election was the first time in I don't know how many years, ten, that he actually had a viable opponent. He's never had to spend much money or time running for reelection. That's all different now. In fact, I heard, I have to confirm this, that Dennis Kucinich, his district has been rewritten, or is about to be written -- (interruption) Okay, that's what I heard, they're writing his district out of existence in Ohio, so he's thinking about moving to Seattle. Allahu Akbar.

Diamante
siboneyes

ALTO PRECIO POR LA IDIOTEZ DEL ELEGIR OBAMA

Obama releases a terrorist rather than send him to Gitmo.

The Daqduq Disgrace

Under The Cover Of Darkness Our Fighting Men and Women by Congressman Allen West

WSJ 12,19, 2011

Under the cover of darkness our fighting Men and Women departed Iraq. As well, under the cover of media silence a Hezbollah terrorist and killer of American Soldiers, Daqduq, has been released from US Custody. Then why does US Army 1LT Michael Behenna remain in US Custody? This is unacceptable and a tragic slap in the face to Americans. Does America have a Commander-in-Chief? Funny, President Obama did not mention any of this before those Warriors at Ft Bragg.

One of the most widely photographed acts of President Obama's first year in office was his symbolic pre-dawn salute to the caskets of U.S. soldiers returning to Dover Air Force Base.    In the case of a terrorist named Ali Musa Daqduq, who was released yesterday from U.S. custody in Iraq, the President is letting down those fallen soldiers and their families.

Daqduq is a Lebanese national and top Hezbollah operative who in January 2007 masterminded the ambush, kidnapping and murder of five American soldiers in the Iraqi city of Karbala. Arrested by U.S. forces in Basra two months later, Daqduq is said to have initially pretended to be deaf and mute. But he eventually talked, giving U.S. interrogators an extensive picture of the ways in which Iran was arming and training Iraq's insurgents.

Now Daqduq is in Iraqi custody—released, according to the Administration, because it could not lawfully do otherwise. "We have sought and received assurances [from the Iraqi government] that he will be tried for his crimes," said Tommy Vietor, a spokesman for the National Security Council.

Mr. Vietor surely knows the likelier outcome is that Daqduq will be released or acquitted so that he can rejoin his comrades in Beirut or Tehran. The Iraqi government has already released some 50 other prisoners responsible for attacks on U.S. forces.

The Administration contends that its hands were tied by the U.S.-Iraq status-of-forces agreement negotiated by the Bush Administration, which required Iraq's consent—not forthcoming—to remove any prisoners from the country. But it's hard to see why that stipulation would apply to Daqduq, who is not an Iraqi citizen.

The Administration also thought of bringing Daqduq to the U.S. for trial in federal court or a military tribunal. Both ideas would have meant taking political heat, but at a minimum it showed that the status-of-forces deal was not an insuperable obstacle to keeping Daqduq in U.S. custody provided the Administration was determined to do so.

Alas, it wasn't. The one place Daqduq unquestionably belongs is in the prison at Guantanamo, which also happens to be the one place the Administration wouldn't countenance having him. By now, even Mr. Obama understands that Gitmo serves a vital role in housing terrorists who either can't be safely released or easily tried. Daqduq, the most senior Hezbollah figure in U.S. custody and a man who conspicuously disdained the laws of war, fits that bill.

But even if Mr. Obama can't close Gitmo as he promised, neither can he bring himself openly to acknowledge its benefits. Leftist furies are more than he's willing to face.  

Instead, the Administration has made the calculation that one more terrorist kingpin on the loose with American blood on his hands is an acceptable price to pay for not establishing the precedent that new prisoners may again be brought to Guantanamo.

In a different world, Daqduq would not be heading for a hero's welcome in Beirut or Tehran but instead would be on a military flight to Cuba, with the (feigned) indignation of the Iraqi government receding in the distance. In a different world, too, the families of Daqduq's victims would have the solace that he is behind bars and unable to do further harm. That's a world that will have to await a different Administration.

Diamante
siboneyes

ALTO PRECIO PAGA E.U. POR LA IDIOTEZ DE VOTAR POR OBAMA

Michelle Obama: Misconception That I am "trapped" at WH .. I Get To Travel The World December 24, 2011 | RealClearPolitics

First lady Michelle Obama tells ABC's Barbara Walters that the biggest misconception about her is that she is "confined or trapped" at the White House.

"That couldn't be further from the truth," Mrs. Obama said.

Obama said that she's been able to take on issues that are important to her as well as "travel to see the world." The first lady says she has been "very blessed in this role." Transcript below.

Barbara Walters, "20/20" on ABC News: "What is the biggest misconception about you?"

Michelle Obama: "Someone asked me a question about whether I feel confined or trapped in some way. That couldn't be further from the truth. I couldn't do what Barack does. But I think what I've been able to do; raise my kids, take on issues that matter deeply to me, to travel to see the world. I feel very blessed in this role."

Michelle Antoinette:

"For the first time in my life, I am really proud of this country."

cdn-media_nationaljournal_com

"Let the little people eat their peas, right Barry? Someone want to pass some more of that $100/lb Wagyu Beef?"

ES TAN DESVERGONZADA QUE TODAVIA HACE ALARDES DE SU DESPILFARRO DEL DINERO DEL PUEBLO MIENTRAS, GRACIAS AL OBAMUNISMO, EL INDICE DE MISERIA ROMPE TODOS LOS RECORDS DESDE LA DEPRESION DE FDR.

Diamante
siboneyes

Re: ALTO PRECIO PAGA E.U. POR VOTAR POR OBAMA

Obama Needs More Cash – Asks Congress to Raise Debt By Another $1.2 Trillion

by Jim Hoft on Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Obama wants to ask Congress for another $1.2 trillion.

Flashback: Obama called Bush “unpatriotic” for raising the debt limit by $4 trillion during his eight years. It took Obama 3 years.

And now he wants more cash.

Reuters reported:

The White House plans to ask Congress by the end of the week for an increase in the government’s debt ceiling to allow the United States to pay its bills on time, according to a senior Treasury Department official on Tuesday.

The approval is expected to go through without a challenge, given that Congress is in recess until later in January and the request is in line with an agreement to keep the U.S. government funded into 2013.

The debt is projected to fall within $100 billion of the current cap by December 30, when the United States has $82 billion in interest on its debt and payments such as Social Security coming due. President Barack Obama is expected to ask for authority to increase the borrowing limit by $1.2 trillion, part of the spending authority that was negotiated between Congress and the White House this summer.

Under the agreement struck in August during the showdown over the government’s debt limit, the cap is automatically raised unless Congress votes to block the debt-ceiling extension. Lawmakers have 15 days within receiving the request to vote, which is largely symbolic because the president can veto it and Congress would be unlikely to muster the two-thirds majority to override it. Moreover, the U.S. House of Representatives also is in recess until January 17.

For the record… Every single Senate Democrat voted against raising the debt limit in 2006.

Diamante
siboneyes

Re: ALTO PRECIO PAGA E.U. POR LA IDIOTEZ DEL MURCIELAGO BUSH

OBAMA SURRENDERS TO THE TALIBAN

Obama Recruits Qaradawi

By Andrew C. McCarthy

December 31, 2011 4:00 A.M.

The surrender is complete now. The Hindu reports that the Obama administration has turned to Sheikh Yusuf al-Qaradawi, the Muslim Brotherhood’s leading jurist, to mediate secret negotiations between the United States and the Taliban.

I wrote about Qaradawi at length in The Grand Jihad and, here at NRO, have regularly catalogued his activities (see, e.g., here, here, here, here, and here; see also Andrew Bostom’s “Qaradawi’s Odious Vision”). For those who may be unfamiliar with him, he is the most influential Sunni Islamist in the world, thanks to such ventures as his al-Jazeera TV program (Sharia and Life) and website (IslamOnline.net). In 2003, he issued a fatwa calling for the killing of American troops in Iraq. As he put it,

Those killed fighting the American forces are martyrs given their good intentions since they consider these invading troops an enemy within their territories but without their will. . . . Although they are seen by some as being wrong, those defending against attempts to control Islamic countries have the intention of jihad and bear a spirit of the defense of their homeland.

Qaradawi urges that Islam must dominate the world, under a global caliphate governed by sharia. He maintains that Islam “will conquer Europe [and] will conquer America.” He sometimes qualifies that the conquering will be done “not through the sword but through da’wa,” but the qualification is a feint.

Da’wa sounds harmless — it refers to missionary work to spread Islam. Islam, however, is not like other religions. The idea is not to spread a set of spiritual principles but incrementally to impose a full-scale social system with its own authoritarian legal code, covering all aspects of life and instituting a caste system in which women and non-Muslims are subjugated.

Nor is da’wa like other missionary work; it is the use of all available means of pressure — political campaigns, lawfare, infiltration of the media, control of the education system, etc. — to advance (a) the acceptance of Islamic principles and (b) the evisceration of principles (e.g., free speech, economic liberty) that undergird competitors, in particular, Western civilization. Moreover, the claim that da’wa is non-violent is frivolous. Much of the mission of da’wa is to rationalize terrorism as divinely mandated self-defense.

Thus does Sheikh Qaradawi champion Hamas, mass-murder attacks, and suicide bombings. “They are not suicide operations,” he brays. “These are heroic martyrdom operations.” Indeed, he elaborates, “The martyr operations is [sic] the greatest of all sorts of jihad in the cause of Allah.”

Diamante
siboneyes

ALTO PRECIO PAGA E.U. POR LA IDIOTEZ POR ELEGIR A OBAMA

Americans’ Incomes Have Dropped 6.7 Percent During the ‘Recovery’

Weekly Standard ^ | November 1, 2011 | JEFFREY H. ANDERSON

New evidence suggests there’s a reason why this economic “recovery” hasn’t felt much like a recovery. Figures from the Census Bureau’s Current Population Survey, compiled by Sentier Research, show that the “recovery” has actually been harder on most Americans than the recession from which they’ve allegedly been recovering.

According to Sentier’s report, the median American household income has actually fallen during the “recovery.”  Not only that, but it has fallen even morethan it did during the recession. Gordon Green, former chief of the Governments Division at the U.S. Census Bureau and co-author of the report (with fellow Census veteran John Coder), says, “Real income fell by 3.2 percent during [the recession].  And during the recovery it went down by 6.7 percent.” So “income [has] declined twice as much in the recovery as in the recession itself.”

According to the report — which has been referenced by both the Wall Street Journal and the New York Times — in early 2000, Americans’ median annual household income was $55,836, in real (inflation-adjusted, June 2011) dollars. By the start of the recession (in December 2007), Americans’ real incomes had fallen 0.9 percent, to $55,309 — a decline of $527. During the recession (which ended in June 2009), their incomes fell an additional 3.2 percent, to $53,518 — a decline of another $1,791. During the first two years of the “recovery” (from June 2009 to June 2011), they fell an additional 6.7 percent, to $49,909 — a decline of another $3,609.

So, from the start of 2000 to mid-2011, the typical American household’s real income dropped nearly $6,000 — and more than 60 percent of that drop (over $3,600) came afterthe start of the “recovery” and thus squarely on Obama’s watch.

While the real median income of American households dropped 6.7 percent during the first two years of the “recovery,” the incomes of many households dropped even more than that. The income drop was steeper for those under 25 years of age (their incomes were down 9.5 percent), for those between 25 and 34 years of age (down 9.8 percent), for black Americans (down 9.4 percent), for families with three or more children (down 9.5 percent), and for families headed by part-time workers (down 11.5 percent). And that’s despite the fact that the report’s income tallies include unemployment compensation and monetary public assistance (both state and federal).

In fact, the anemic economy has meant that Americans’ incomes have declined during the “recovery” even withoutadjusting for inflation. According to Green, in actual (non-inflation-adjusted) dollars, the median American household income was $51,140 at the start of the “recovery,” but it fell to $49,909 two years later.

Suffice it to say, such declining incomes are giving new meaning to the word “recovery.”

Diamante
siboneyes

ALTO PRECIO PAGA E.U. POR LA IDIOTEZ DE ELEGIR A OBAMA

OBAMA’S CONTEMPT FOR RELIGIOUS LIBERTY

(mandates coverage of sterilization & contraception)
Catholic League ^ | January 20, 2012 | Bill Donohue

Catholic League president Bill Donohue comments on today’s announcement from the Obama administration that it is going forward with its original “Obamacare” policy that mandates coverage of sterilization and contraceptive services in most healthcare plans:

Secretary of Health and Human Services Kathleen Sebelius said today that aside from houses of worship, all other religious agencies and organizations will be required to provide sterilization and contraceptive services, including abortifacients, in their employee healthcare plans; none will be allowed to charge co-pays or deductibles. The policy goes into effect in August 2013 for these entities; all others will be required to provide these services in August 2012.

Sebelius explained how her directive applies to non-church religious entities such as Catholic hospitals and universities: “Employers wishing to take advantage of the additional year must certify that they qualify for the delayed implementation. This additional year will allow these organizations more time and flexibility to adapt to this new rule.” She also said, “I believe this proposal strikes the appropriate balance between religious freedom and increasing access to important preventive services.”

Or, at least, that's the assertion cartoonist Glenn McCoy seems to be making with his new cartoon in which an evil-looking Obama is seen turning over a pregnant white lady to a Mengele-esque abortionist.

The language is Orwellian. With stunning magnanimity, Sebelius tells Catholic non-profits that they can take advantage of their one-year reprieve as long as they seek the blessings of the federal government. If they pass muster with the bureaucrats, then they have time to figure out how they can prostitute their religiously ground convictions, or prepare for bankruptcy.

To top things off, after shoving the radical secular agenda down the throat of Catholics—and other people of faith who share their concerns—Sebelius congratulates the Obama administration for striking a “balance” between religious liberty and Obamacare. But, of course, no balance was struck: the edict grants nothing to those who believe in religious liberty, and she knows it.

That this dictatorial edict is being announced in an election year indicates both contempt for the First Amendment and plain stupidity.

Diamante
siboneyes

ALTO PRECIO PAGA E.U. POR LA IDIOTEZ DEL CAMARADA HUSSEIN

STAMENT OF  VALERO EMPLOYEES ON THE KEYSTONE PIPELINE            

Date:               January 24, 2012      

To:                  Valero Employees

Subject:          Keystone XL Pipeline Statement

As you know, the Obama administration decided last week to deny TransCanada’s application to ship crude oil via the Keystone XL pipeline from Canada to the Gulf Coast. Valero has planned to be a shipper and purchaser of that oil since 2008, and obviously we were disappointed in the decision. We issued a statement in response to questions from the media, and I wanted to share it with you in case you get questions from friends or business partners, and so that you would know why Valero supports the Keystone XL pipeline. This is the statement:

Despite the uncertainty and political fighting over the Keystone XL pipeline, Valero has continued to invest in its U.S. refining operation.  In 2011 we spent nearly $3 billion on projects, and for 2012 our capital expenditure budget is over $3 billion. These expenditures are keeping our employees on the job and putting additional people to work.  To reference two of our refineries, at Port Arthur, Texas, we have 1,600 contractors working on an expansion project, and at St. Charles Parish, Louisiana, we have another 1,000 contractors working on a separate project.  We need this kind of economic activity to accelerate to help all Americans.

This illustrates why the federal government’s rejection of the Keystone XL pipeline is so absurd. There are pipelines in every neighborhood all across America. The administration’s decision was not about pipelines, it was about the misguided beliefs that Canadian oil sands development should be stopped and that fossil fuel prices should increase to make alternative energy more attractive. Instead, we should be impressed with how well the oil sands engineering and recovery technology has advanced, and the economic benefits this development brings.  Having more oil available in the marketplace has the potential to lower prices for consumers.  As an independent refiner, Valero buys all of the oil we process. Due to the administration’s misguided policies, refiners like Valero will have to buy more oil from other sources outside the U.S. and Canada. Consumers will bear the additional shipping cost, not to mention the additional greenhouse gas emissions and political risks.

With all the issues facing our country, it is absolutely unbelievable our federal government says no to a company like TransCanada that is willing to spend over $7 billion and put Americans to work on a pipeline.  The administration’s decision throws dirt into the face of our closest ally and largest trading partner.

The point above is that it is not about pipelines as many pipelines cross the Ogallala Aquifer, in the Great Plains region, and, in fact, there is already significant oil and gas production in the area covered by the aquifer. This is politics at its worst.

Thanks for your support.