¡Bienvenido a los Foros de Univision! Participa, intercambia mensajes privados, sube tus fotos y forma parte de nuestra Comunidad. | Ingresa | Regístrate Gratis
Responder
Platino Brillante
ernestoisback
0 Kudos

Beneficios del ají / chile habanero (Coco, este tema te va a gustar) ...

1. Fight Cancer

A study published in Cancer Research found that capsaicin caused cancer cells to commit suicide. The substance caused almost 80 percent of prostate cancer cells to die in mice, and prostate tumors treated with capsaicin were about one-fifth the size of those in untreated mice.

"Capsaicin inhibits the growth of human prostate cancer cells in petri dishes and mice," says lead researcher Dr. H. Phillip Koeffler, director of hematology and oncology at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center and a professor of medicine at the University of California, Los Angeles.

Further, researchers say capsaicin pills may one day be used to prevent the return of prostate cancer.

Hot peppers' heat is measured using the Scoville Heat Scale. While pure capsaicin measures in at over 16 million Scoville Units, most popular varieties rank around 30,000.

Bell peppers make up the baseline, at zero Scoville Units. While the habañero pepper was once thought to be the hottest pepper, measuring in at 300,000 units, an Indian chili pepper called Naga Jolokia was tested in 2000 and received a searing score of 855,000 units!

2. Provide Pain Relief

A topical form of capsaicin is a recognized treatment for osteoarthritis pain, and may also help alleviate pain from diabetic neuropathy.

Capsaicin is also known to inhibit Substance P, a neuropeptide that is the key transmitter of pain to the brain. Substance P can cause swelling of nerve fibers, which may result in headaches and sinus symptoms. Studies have found that capsaicin both relieves and prevents cluster headaches, migraine headaches and sinus headaches.

3. Prevent Sinusitis and Relieve Congestion

Capsaicin has potent antibacterial properties that fight and prevent chronic sinus infections, or sinusitis. Because it is so hot, it also helps to stimulate secretions that help clear mucus from your nose, thereby relieving nasal congestion. This phytochemical may also help relieve sinus-related allergy symptoms.

4. Fight Inflammation

Capsaicin is a potent anti-inflammatory agent. It works by inhibiting Substance P, which is associated with inflammatory processes. Capsaicin is being looked at as a potential treatment for arthritis, psoriasis and diabetic neuropathy.

5. Soothe Intestinal Diseases

A Duke University study found that capsaicin may lead to a cure for inflammatory bowel disease (IBD). The substance can also help to kill bacteria such as H. pylori, which can help prevent stomach ulcers.

6. Burn Fat and Lose Weight

Capsaicin is a thermogenic agent, which means it increases metabolic activity. This, in turn, helps to burn calories and fat. Many popular "fat-burning" supplements on the market contain capsaicin, as the substance may significantly increase metabolic activity for over 20 minutes after it's eaten.

7. Protect Your Heart

Capsaicin may help to protect the heart by reducing cholesterol, triglycerides and platelet aggregation. It may also help the body dissolve fibrin, which is necessary for blood clots to form. Further, cultures around the world that use hot peppers liberally in their meals have significantly lower rates of heart attack and stroke than cultures that do not.

"Los puertorriqueños que eso quieren, quieren bien, ser un estado de la Unión Americana es un noble ser..."

- Eugenio María de Hostos
Platino Brillante
ernestoisback

Re: Beneficios del ají / chile habanero (Coco, este tema te va a gustar) ...

http://diabeticlifediet.com/

Habanero Peppers Diabetes Benefits

I have posted charts and described meal experiments to show what a difference having habanero peppers diabetes control benefits makes for my blood glucose control. Having habanero peppers in my meals makes huge differences in blood glucose levels for me both post meal (1-5 hours after meals) and through fasting blood sugar levels the next day. This is part of the health benefits of capsaicin diabetes control. Optimistic folks call this the capsaicin diabetes cure because of these great capsaicin health benefits, but for me that is going too far as it is not a cure - but it makes diabetes self management much easier.

Because heating heart healthy oils (like olive oils and canola oil) degrades the health benefits of the oils, it is far better to cook using fresh habanero peppers than by using dried chili peppers. I like the aesthetic of whole dried chili peppers in meals, but to really get the capsaicin out of them you need to press and flip them in hot oil (as the capsaicin is not very water soluble, and it needs the oil to get it out of the dried peppers). Fresh habanero peppers give up their capsaicin easily. I only need 1/2 of a medium sized pepper in a meal to see the diabetes health benefits of capsaicin.

For these reasons, I now use habanero peppers exclusively for the capsaicin diabetes health benefits when I cook meals. I also will use other fresh hot peppers to augment and flavor the habanero peppers. The habanero peppers themselves while the impart lots of hotness (the capsaicin they release) to meals, do not contribute much taste or texture. Adding some serrano peppers is a nice complement to the habanero peppers.
For salads, I use freshly ground (you can grind in advance and store for short periods) dried hot chili peppers for diabetes capsaicin effects. Make sure your dried peppers are of good quality.

If they look pale and 'dried' instead of rich in color and kind of greasy looking, they likely have very little capsaicin left in them.

The capsaicin level in fresh habanero peppers in my experience is always pretty much the same from one pepper to another, so the capsaicin diabetes control levels I see are the same as long as I slice up about the same amount of the habanero pepper in each meal...

Read the charts and graphs and get the full details on the health benefits of habanero peppers in my diabetes blood glucose levels...

Habanero Peppers Diabetes Benefits vs. Other Hot Peppers Diabetes Benefits

From my testing, pepper for pepper, habanero peppers diabetes control is the highest of any hot peppers I see regularly at the local markets and grocery stores, and that makes sense as they are 200,000 to 300,000 Scoville units.

A Scoville unit is the unit of measure for how hot a pepper is - or in other words, how much capsaicin the pepper has in it. The hotness of the pepper and the hot peppers diabetes health benefits are directly proportional to the amount of capsaicin. The higher the Scoville index is for a hot pepper, the greater the heat of the pepper and the higher the hot peppers diabetes blood glucose lowering effects will be for the same amount of pepper.

In short, it takes less of a hot pepper to give you the capsaicin diabetes control benefits, but you are also missing out on the additional dietary fiber and nutrients as you are reducing the overall bulk of the hot peppers in your meal. Personally, I like to include about 1/2 of a habanero pepper for the capsaicin and a serrano pepper or two for some flavor and then a whole lot of fresh red peppers, fresh yellow peppers and fresh orange peppers for the nutrional benefits of the fresh peppers and the attractive look of the peppers in the finished meal.

The serrano peppers are about 10,000 to 20,000 Scoville units - or about 1/10th as much. In other words, I would be having 10 times as many of them by weight for the same diabetes control benefits as the habanero diabetes control results that I see. It's all a matter of the capsaicin content - so if you like a big dollop of the serrano peppers, you should see the same diabetes control benefits as if you had 1/2 or 2/3 of one of the hotter habanero peppers. It's up to your own judgement and personal tastes.

You may find you need more or less depending upon how much an impact the habanero peppers diabetes control benefits have for you.

Habanero Peppers Diabetes Benefits | Foodlywise.com

One of the major health benefits of habanero peppers is the ability of habanero peppers diabetes blood glucose lowering effects to aid in the dietary control of diabetes - controlling diabetes without medications or with reduced medications through dietary control and lifestyle intervention.

The Diabetic Life Diet dietary control of diabetes website shows in detail the diabetes related health benefits of habanero peppers as part of a diabetic diet - including charts and graphs detailing the habanero peppers capsaicin diabetes benefits toward reduction of fasting glucose levels the day after meals taken with small amounts of habanero peppers.

"Los puertorriqueños que eso quieren, quieren bien, ser un estado de la Unión Americana es un noble ser..."

Platino Brillante
ernestoisback

[ Editado ]

Escrito por raquelita01:

Una probadita de tu propia medicina ... para que sigas dañando temas de otros ... aprendí de tí ... :cara_burlon:

Loco, en serio. Este, tipo de temas no te los daño. :cara_yes:

De hecho no te daño ninguno. Solamente respondo a algunos y no te gusta cuando te desmiento. :cara_risa:

Porfa, este tema tiene información para la salud. Dime Moncha y expláyate regando todo el insulto, el frustre y el veneno que quieras en otros temas, como los de política o tus pseudotema de "Jajaja's", pero éste no lo dañes. :cara_yes:

Mensaje editado por ernestoisback

Platino Brillante
ernestoisback

Escrito por david189a:

Capsaicin is a thermogenic agent, which means it increases metabolic activity. This, in turn, helps to burn calories and fat. Many popular "fat-burning" supplements on the market contain capsaicin, as the substance may significantly increase metabolic activity for over 20 minutes after it's eaten.

------------------------------------------------------

Que buena informacion para nuestra gran amiga estadista que no parece estadista cocoarnau. Le va ser de gran ayuda.... espero que coja orejitas :cara_risa:

Papi siempre nos acostumbró a comer pique. En casa to' el mundo lo usa. :cara_yes:

Tenemos un jardín de ajíes y chiles variados. Mami los usa mucho. :cara_yes:

Platino Brillante
ernestoisback

Escrito por cocoarnao1:

GRACIAS POR LA INFO, ERNIE. :cara_yes:

SABIA DE LAS PROPIEDADES DEL CHILE PARA LA ARTRITIS, PERO LAS DEMAS NO ME LAS SABIA. ACA EN CASA EL CHILE HABANERO NO PUEDE FALTAR. A COMER CHILE SE HA DICHO!! :cara_flor:

SALUDOS A CHICAS, REY!! :cara_peace:

AHHH, REY YO SERE ESTADISTA PERO NI SOY CIEGA NI FANATICA, SAE. :cara_chinito:

:cara_yes:

Platino Brillante
ernestoisback

Gracias... Independientemente de cuáles sean las "razones" que dices que lo haces. :cara_yes:

Platino Brillante
adivinaadivina25

Escrito por ernestoisback:

Escrito por david189a:

------------------------------------------------------

Que buena informacion para nuestra gran amiga estadista que no parece estadista cocoarnau. Le va ser de gran ayuda.... espero que coja orejitas :cara_risa:

Papi siempre acostumbró a comer pique. :cara_sonrojada:

mi amor tengo un jardín de ajíes y chiles variados y los uso mucho. :cara_yes: :cara_coqueta:

"Nobody can make you feel inferior without your permission"
-Eleanor Roosevelt-
Platino Brillante
ernestoisback

Escrito por cocoarnao1:

A COMER CHILE SE HA DICHO!!

:cara_lenguazo:

Platino Brillante
ernestoisback

Platino Brillante
ernestoisback

Nuestro "ajicito puertorriqueño" (Ají Cachucha) es un "mild habanero".