Publicado: 12-20-2009 06:44 PM
PHILADELPHIA BULLETIN ^ | Saturday, December 19, 2009 | HERB DENENBERG
President Barack Hussein Obama is proceeding to destroy America and has opened up a six-front war to do so:
1. He has a Democratic controlled Congress that is willing to rubber-stamp his wildest schemes, without even reading them…as we’ve already seen. The Democratic Party is now aiding and abetting the demeaning and destruction of America and has become the voice of leftist extremism. The moderates have disappeared or been transformed, issuing only occasional squeaking and whining before following the liberal party line drawn by Mr. Obama. Where have all the Democratic moderates gone?
2. Mr. Obama has immense executive authority, which he has already used to damage the country. One notable example is his decision to try terrorists in New York City, thereby giving the terrorists the premier platform to broadcast their propaganda and recruit Islamic radicals to their cause. Another example is cap and trade by fiat of the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), rather than Congressional action.
3. He is filling the White House, the executive branch and the court system with an army of radicals, socialists, Communists, Marxists, Maoists, and America-haters. The most outrageous example was Van Jones, the avowed Communist and believer that 9/11 was an American plot fashioned by President George W. Bush. Van Jones wasn’t too much of an extremist for the White House; in fact, he was loved and respected as a key White House adviser, Valerie Jarrett publicly proclaimed at the time of his appointment. But, he was too extreme even for the mainstream media to cover-up and swallow. But, don’t kid yourself – extremists like that are the rule, not the exception in Mr. Obama’s world.
4. He stands ready to commit the U.S. to radical international treaties that will bleed away American sovereignty and commit the nation to destructive policies. Watch what happens in Copenhagen, and watch the directions of Mr. Obama in matters of international laws and treaties. He has made it obvious he is more interested in pleasing the international community than in protecting the citizens of America. Couple that with his penchant for bootlicking our enemies, apologizing for America, and kicking around and betraying our allies and you have a prescription for international disaster. Note the betrayal of Poland and Czechoslovakia by his withdrawal of missile defense from those two important allies. He did so to appease Russia, again bootlicking enemies while betraying allies.
5. Mr. Obama seems ready to do anything to achieve his ends, a la the formula of Saul Alinsky and his book Rules for Radicals. Alinsky believed the ends justify the means, and that means anything goes. Mr. Obama has demonstrated he is willing to lie, use fascist-mar..xist tactics to silent critics, and do what it takes to achieve his agenda. He has even expressed his disdain for the U.S. Constitution in his now infamous quote that civil rights litigation and adjudication went off track because it did not focus on redistribution. His comments, record, and policies show he believes in redistribution of wealth, and views capitalism, free markets and profit as all part of a tainted system that is unjust. One of his major priorities is “spreading the wealth around,” as he admitted to Joe the Plumber.
6. Finally, the mainstream media is sanitizing and covering up Mr. Obama’s worst excesses, as we’ve witnessed with major stories either ignored or almost totally neglected. In recent months, the dishonest, fraudulent, and biased mainstream media virtually ignored Climategate, one of the great scientific scandals of history; the Acorn undercover scandal; and the Van Jones appointment, as well as a long list of other far-out radicals. The mainstream media has become an adjunct of the Obama plan to destroy America, as we know it.
This column will focus on the wild leftist radicals that he is packing into the federal agencies and the unconstitutional czars he is filling up the White House with. I question, when America elects a president who spends over 20 years hanging around with terrorists, racists, bigots, anti-Semites, Communists, Marxists, and socialists, what kind of appointments do you think he’ll be making? And, when he packs the White House with such crazies, what kind of policies do you expect to be forthcoming?
For openers consider his latest appointment to the Equal Employment Opportunities Commission (EEOC), the agency that adjudicates discrimination claims. Her name is Chai Feldblum, she is a professor at Georgetown University and is a most radical homosexual activist. She has advocated polygamy and has said that “sexual liberty” trumps the Constitutional right to “religious liberty.” Of course, she underwent what is called a confirmation conversation – trying unsuccessfully to lie out of previous positions. However, Bill Donohue of the Catholic League found her newfound moderation a total “farce.”
She is the primary author of the Employment Non-Discrimination Act (ENDA) now before both houses of Congress. The bill has been described by J. Matt Barber on the Renew America Web site as follows: “ENDA would force – under penalty of law – Christian, Jewish or Muslim business owners to hire people who unrepentantly choose to engage in homosexual or cross-dressing behaviors, despite the fact that these volitional behaviors are in direct conflict with every major world religion, thousands of years of history and uncompromising human biology. … It’s a direct assault on the inalienable rights of people of faith. It pits the government directly against the free exercise of religion and is, therefore, unconstitutional on its face.” Recall, this president has announced this is not a Christian nation, contrary to American history, a history he more often deplores than proclaims.
The Feldblum appointment is part of a larger effort to force the homosexual agenda on the American people, from the youngest school children on up. For the perfect example, take the safe-schools czar, Kevin Jennings. Here’s the way the Web site www.wordpress.com summarized his qualifications:
· A former schoolteacher
· A gay
· An advocate of promoting homosexuality in schools
· A former drug user
· Dislikes religion
· Failed to report an underage student who told him he had sx with an older man.
The views of Mr. Obama’s science and technology czar, Dr. John Holdren, are also bizarre. In the 1980s, in discussing population controls, he advocated compulsory abortion and sterilization as constitutional. No proposal is too extreme for the Obama team.
Publicado: 12-20-2009 06:44 PM
This radicalism pervades every corner of the White House and Mr. Obama’s appointments. Take Craig Becker, an Obama appointee to the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB). He was a union lawyer, who was associate general counsel of the Service Employees International Union (SEIU). The SEIU is the union with close connections to the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now (ACORN), the corrupt group of community organizers best known for voter fraud and extortion and intimidation of lenders. Mr. Becker helped lay the groundwork for the Employee Fair Choice Act (EFCA). That is the proposed law that would do away with the secret ballot in union elections and would permit federally designated bureaucrats to determine employment terms if a union and employer did not reach a prompt agreement. This act is so blatantly anti-democratic that it is even opposed by a far-left liberal, George McGovern, former U.S. Senator and Democratic Party nominee for president.
Even if Congress won’t pass the EFCA, Mr. Becker believes he can get the wildly leftist Obama agenda established by rule making by the NLRB, thus eliminating the need for Congressional action. This is characteristic of the Obama administration – willing to implement the most radical measures without Congressional approval and rule by administrative diktat.
And Mr. Becker will have plenty of support from other top Obama appointees in the federal bureaucracy. There is Secretary of Labor Hilda Solis, who was first elected to Congress in 2000, as the union candidate. For about 10 years in Congress, she had a perfect record of support for union proposals. And, she is likely to coddle unions and persecute employers as Secretary of Labor.
Secretary Solis has already announced her plan to give unions more power over employers and the economy. And, she has already started taking all controls off of union abuses. For example, her predecessor, Elaine Chao, took the responsibility of policing unions seriously. During her tenure, Ms. Chao obtained 929 convictions for corrupt union practices and recovered more than $93 million on behalf of union members (as reported in The American Spectator. The U.S. Labor Department unit that polices unions is the Office of Labor Management Standards (OLMS). Shortly after the union lapdog, Ms. Solis, took office, the Obama administration reported it was cutting OLMS’s budget by more than 9 percent. The American Spectator writes, “As a result, corrupt union bosses will have a much freer hand with which to bilk their members.”
That’s just a taste of what Mr. Obama is doing to the Department of Labor to make it an instrument of unionization and the union agenda. Two other appointments to The Department of Labor are Patricia Smith and Lorelei Boylan. Both have close ties to unions and while working for the New York State Department of Labor, they were in charge of a program in which New York state partners with unions and other liberal groups to police workplaces. The American Spectator writes, “But in practice empowering ‘regular people’ actually means that the government is deputizing unions to help police workplaces.” This is just another example of how the Obama administration seeks to control every aspect of the American economy and do so to favor their political supporters, in this case the unions. Given their way, American business will be run by union bosses and union thugs.
Another area where Mr. Obama seeks to impose government control is talk radio. There is Mark Lloyd, who was appointed to be associate general counsel and chief diversity officer of the Federal Communications Commission (FCC). He is on record of favoring all kinds of regulation of talk radio, which would be designed to muzzle conservative talk radio. To show how extreme these Obama appointees are, consider Mr. Lloyd’s comments about the tyrant of Venezuela, Hugo Chavez. Mr. Lloyd went on record in support of Mr. Chavez who, among other things, is a sworn enemy of America: “In Venezuela, with Chavez, is really an incredible revolution – a democratic revolution.” There is a deadly Orwellian flavor to Mr. Obama and his appointees – a vicious tyrant is transformed into an instrument of “democratic revolution.”
The “Czars” are even more radical and even more out of control than members of the cabinet, who are subject to Senate confirmation. They can escape any Senate confirmation and, consequently, are viewed by some legal authorities as end-runs around the U.S. Constitution. Carol Browner, global warming (energy) czar, is typical. She is one of the leaders of the Socialist International and, as such, advocates “global governance” and maintains that developed nations must shrink their economy to help alleviate global warming. The czars and their threat to U.S. constitutional government are covered in detail in an article in Newsmax entitled “Czars: Never Elected. Never Confirmed. Too Powerful?”
Thomas Sowell, the brilliant conservative pundit, makes an important point for those who think these radical extremists somehow got into the White House because of a failure to properly vet them. Mr. Sowell writes, “Why should we assume Obama didn’t know what such people were like; he’s been associating with these kinds of people for decades. Nothing is more consistent with his pattern than putting such people in government – people who reject American values, and resent Americans and America’s influence in the world.”
Wake up America. We elected one of the most dangerous enemies of America and he now sits in the White House, filled with other enemies of America, relentlessly going about his task of destroying the country as we know it and as the Founding Fathers intended it. You better join the forces in opposition to Mr. Obama’s vision for America because if he continues unobstructed for three more years, it may then be too late to save it.
It’s later than you think. Mr. Obama can kill the economy and America with his version of ObamaCare standing by itself (See The Bulletin, “ObamaCare Spells Doom for America,” Dec. 6-12, and “Wake Up Before Obama Destroys America,” Dec. 13-19). And, he seems to be firing shots with machine-gun rapidity that have the potential to destroy our economy and our country. There’s some element of truth in talk show host Michael Savage’s assertion that we now have a dictatorship. With supermajorities in both houses of Congress and with seemingly inept Republican leadership, with free use of extra-Constitutional methods, i.e. czars, there seems to be no real checks and balances that should keep an out-of-control radical runaway president in check.
Even our Founders, political geniuses, still could not foresee and plan for the election to the White House of an America-hating radical, backed by supermajorities of the Democratic Party willing to follow him over the cliff to the destruction of America.
Herb Denenberg can be reached at email@example.com
Publicado: 12-21-2009 12:05 PM
What did Senators get for their votes?
Sen. Ben Nelson (D-Neb.) claimed to be holding out for language in the bill that would guarantee federal funding would not be used to pay for elective abortion on demand. Nelson threw the pro-life community under the bus, agreeing to language that every major pro-life group says still allows the use of taxpayer funds to pay for abortions.
The United States Conference of Catholic Bishops supports the underlying bill but rejects this abortion language formulation: “This legislation should not move forward in its current form. It should be opposed unless and until such serious concerns have been addressed. … Despite repeated claims to the contrary, it does not comply with longstanding Hyde restrictions on federal funding of elective abortions and health plans that include them.”
Other pro-life leaders and groups agreed that the protections offered in the House-passed Stupak-Pitts Amendment barred the federal funding of abortion but the new formulation Nelson agreed to in the Senate does not do the job.
“While I appreciate the efforts of all the parties involved, especially Senator Ben Nelson, the Senate abortion language is not acceptable,” Bart Stupak (D-Mich.), the co-author of the House amendment said. “A review of the Senate language indicates a dramatic shift in federal policy that would allow the federal government to subsidize insurance policies with abortion coverage.”
NEBRASKA RIGHT TO LIFE: “Senator Nelson had a chance to ensure that the longstanding principle of the Hyde Amendment against federal funding of abortion with narrow exceptions, would be placed in the Senate healthcare legislation. He dashed any hope of that with his late-night agreement with Senators Reid, Boxer and Schumer on unacceptable language that he claimed would address pro-life concerns.”
NATIONAL RIGHT TO LIFE COMMITTEE: “The manager’s amendment is light years removed from the Stupak-Pitts Amendment that was approved by the House of Representatives on November 8 by a bipartisan vote of 240-194. The new abortion language solves none of the fundamental abortion-related problems with the Senate bill, and it actually creates some new abortion-related problems.”
FAMILY RESEARCH COUNCIL: “This so-called ‘compromise’ includes the accounting gimmicks that we have seen previously proposed. The new language also does nothing to protect individual consciences. Every purchaser of insurance will be forced to pay for other people's abortions in a more direct manner than ever before.”
But was abortion really the issue for Nelson?
The deal Hill staffers called the “Full Nelson” (not sure whether that’s a reference to the strangling wrestling hold or the full frontal exposure made famous in the film “Full Monty”), Ben Nelson got a deal that purports to pay for millions of dollars of Nebraska’s new Medicaid bills that will be imposed by the very expansion of Medicaid included in the bill he voted for. Ahem.
Yet Senate Budget Committee Chairman Kent Conrad (D-N.D.) told Fox News Sunday that no future Congress would be bound to make these payments to Nebraska or any other state to cover their Medicaid payments. So the big Medicaid sellout is a shell?
On Saturday, Politico reported, “In addition to the Medicaid carve out, Sen. Ben Nelson (D-Neb.) negotiated an exemption from the insurance tax for non-profit insurers based in his state. The language was written in a way that only Mutual of Omaha Insurance Company, as well as Blue Cross Blue Shield non-profit plans in Nebraska and Michigan, would qualify, according to a Democratic aide.”
And as HUMAN EVENTS reported Saturday, the insurance trade underwriter Property & Casualty posted this breaking news item on their website on Friday which informed insurance industry insiders that Nelson had been successful in having their anti-trust language barred from inclusion in the Senate bill.
If Nelson were actually concerned over federal funding of abortion, he would have insisted on the strong Stupak-Pitts language. Instead Nelson, the former state insurance commissioner and insurance company executive, appears to have sold out the pro-life community to gain high dollar items for the insurance industry.
The future certainly looks bright for Ben Nelson in the insurance industry when his Senate career is over.
More Senate Deals
Given the Senate bill drastically expands the sub-standard Medicaid programs for low-income people, the massive hidden cost in the bill is transferred to state budgets in an unfunded mandate. Sens. Patrick Leahy (D-Vt.) and Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) negotiated $250 million in Medicaid payments for their state.
Sen. Mary Landrieu (D-La.) in her own high-profile sellout negotiated $300 million in non-guaranteed Medicaid payouts in what has been called the New Louisiana Purchase.
Months earlier, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) negotiated his own Medicare payment carve out for his home state of Nevada.
Currently, less than 50 percent of doctors will see new Medicaid patients due to severe underpayments and non-payments that can bankrupt their medical practice. The program expansion is expected to be an unmitigated disaster to state budgets that will likely cause drastic state tax increases.
In another payoff deal to a mystery senator, Reid’s Manager’s Amendment allotted $100,000,000 for an as yet to be disclosed “Health Care Facility” at a “public research university in the United States that contains a state’s sole public academic medical and dental school.”
In the Manager’s Amendment to H.R. 3590, Pg. 328:
“(a) APPROPRIATION.—There are authorized to be appropriated, and there are appropriated to the Department of Health and Human Services, $100,000,000 for fiscal year 2010, to remain available for obligation until September 30, 2011, to be used for debt service on, or direct construction or renovation of, a health care facility that provides research, inpatient tertiary care, or outpatient clinical services. Such facility shall be affiliated with an academic health center at a public research university in the United States that contains a State’s sole public academic medical and dental school.”
“This process is not legislation, this process is corruption,” said Sen. Tom Coburn, M.D. (R-Okla.). “It’s a shame the only way we can come to a consensus in this country is to buy votes.”
There are two more cloture motions requiring 60 votes for passage this week before the simple majority vote on the final bill Christmas Eve night. Failure to reach 60 votes at any point in the process would kill the bill in the Senate.
Should the Senate pass the bill, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) could send the bill straight to the president’s desk for signature by offering a Motion to Concur with the Senate Amendment and a simple House majority passes. The House would need to hold their far-left radical “Progressive Caucus” vote and the pro-life Stupak vote together for that simple majority vote, which could get sticky.
If the House changes one dot or tittle of the bill, the Senate would have to pass a Motion to Concur with the House. That would require 60 votes to reach cloture and end debate on the Motion to Concur.
Or Pelosi could take the House and Senate bills to conference, which would be a much longer process that would attempt to merge the House and Senate versions of the bill.
|Connie Hair is a freelance writer, a former speechwriter for Rep. Trent Franks (R-AZ) and a former media and coalitions advisor to the Senate Republican Conference.|
LOS DEMOCRATAS HAN CONVERTIDO ELSENADO EN UN BURDEL DONDE 60 PROSTITUTAS SE VENDEN AL MEJOR POSTOR!!!
Publicado: 12-22-2009 05:59 PM
Democrats Ensure America Will No Longer Be the Last Best Hope of Earth
by Dennis Prager
As the passage of the bill that will start the process of nationalizing health care in America becomes almost inevitable, so, too, the process of undoing America’s standing as The Last Best Hope of Earth will have begun.
That description of America was not, as more than a few Americans on the left believe, made by some right-wing chauvinist. It was made by President Abraham Lincoln in an address to Congress on Dec. 1, 1862.
The bigger the American government becomes, the more like other countries America becomes. Even a Democrat has to acknowledge the simple logic: America cannot at the same time be the last best hope of earth and increasingly similar to more and more countries.
Either America is unique, in which case it at least has the possibility of uniquely embodying hopes for mankind — or it is not unique, in which case it is by definition not capable of being the last best hope for humanity — certainly no more so than, let us say, Sweden or the Netherlands.
Indeed, President Obama acknowledged this in April, when asked by a European reporter if he believes in American exceptionalism. The president’s response: “I believe in American exceptionalism, just as I suspect that the Brits believe in British exceptionalism and the Greeks believe in Greek exceptionalism.”
The president was honest. In his view, as in the view of today’s Democratic party, America is special only in the same way we parents regard our children as “special.” We all say it and we all believe it, but we know that it is meaningless except as an emotional expression of our love for our children. If every is child is equally special, none can be special, in fact. If every country is exceptional, then no country is exceptional, or at least no more so than any other.
With the largest expansion of the American government and state since the New Deal, the Democratic party — alone — is ending a key factor in America’s uniqueness and greatness: individualism, which is made possible only when there is limited government.
The formula here is not rocket science: The more the government/state does, the less the individual does.
America’s uniqueness and greatness has come from a number of sources, two of which are its moral and social value system, which is a unique combination of Enlightenment and Judeo-Christian values, and its emphasis on individual liberty and responsibility.
Just as the left has waged war on America’s Judeo-Christian roots, it has waged war on individual liberty and responsibility.
Hillel, the most important rabbi of the Talmud (which, alongside the Hebrew Bible, is Judaism’s most important book), summarized the human being’s obligations in these famous words: “If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, what am I? And if not now, when?”
What does this mean in the present context? It means that before anything else, the human being must first take care of himself. When people who are capable of taking care of themselves start relying on the state to do so, they can easily become morally inferior beings. When people who could take care of their family start relying on the state to do so, they can easily become morally inferior. And when people who could help take care of fellow citizens start relying on the state to do so, the morally coarsening process continues.
There has always been something profoundly ennobling about American individualism and self-reliance. Nothing in life is as rewarding as leading a responsible life in which one has not to depend on others for sustenance. Little, if anything, in life is as rewarding as successfully taking care of oneself, one’s family and one’s community. That is why America has always had more voluntary associations than any other country.
But as the state and government have gotten bigger, voluntary associations have been dying. Why help others if the state will do it? Indeed, as in Scandinavia, the attitude gradually becomes: why even help myself when the state will do it?
Barack Obama, Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi are right about one thing — they are indeed making history. But their legacy will not be what they think. They will be known as the people who led to the end of America as the last best hope of earth.
Publicado: 12-29-2009 07:31 PM
Barack Hussein Obama: An Al-Qaeda Approved President
The Conservative Camp ^ | December 29, 2009 | Robert Ditmar
On Christmas Day, just as Northwest Flight 253 crossed over the Detroit River at the point where Canadian airspace ends and U.S. airspace begins, a Nigerian Muslim, with verifiable Al Qaeda ties, attempted to ignite an explosive chemical mix with the intention of bringing down the plane and violently killing all 278 passengers and 11 crew members on board. Within hours of this attempted terrorist act of war upon American “infidels,” dispatches from Al-Qaeda confirmed what the Nigerian would-be murderer had already confessed to the FBI; that the bomber, whose name is Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab, had been trained in the use of detonating the explosive PETN by Al Qaeda of the Arabian Peninsula in Yemen.
This is the same type of explosive that Al Qaeda terrorist Richard Reid had used in his attempt to down a Miami-bound airliner over the Atlantic in 2001.
Had it not been for the heroic actions of some passengers on board the aircraft, there could have been a horrible outcome, with the death of all on board and a swath of death and destruction on the ground of Metropolitan Detroit.
So how is it that President Obama waited until December 28 to make a response to this incident? Furthermore, why is this President so concerned about giving these Islamist murderers the protections of our U.S. Constitution by treating this act of war like a simple bank hold-up? Consider his following remarks during his response;
“Here’s what we know so far: On Christmas Day, Northwest Airlines Flight 253 was en route from Amsterdam, Netherlands, to Detroit. As the plane made its final approach to Detroit Metropolitan Airport, a passenger allegedly tried to ignite an explosive device on his body, setting off a fire.
Thanks to the quick and heroic actions of passengers and crew, the suspect was immediately subdued, the fire was put out, and the plane landed safely. The suspect is now in custody and has been charged with attempting to destroy an aircraft.
A full investigation has been launched into this attempted act of terrorism, and we will not rest until we find all who were involved and hold them accountable.”
Notice that Obama uses legal boilerplate terms such as “allegedly” and “suspect,” to describe the terrorist and the atrocity that he attempted. There was nothing “alleged” about what Abdulmutallab attempted over Detroit. Further in his remarks, Obama said;
“Finally, the American people should remain vigilant, but also be confident. Those plotting against us seek not only to undermine our security, but also the open society and the values that we cherish as Americans. This incident, like several that have preceded it, demonstrates that an alert and courageous citizenry are far more resilient than an isolated extremist.”
There was nothing isolated about this attempted attack on our country and the West in general. This terrorist was on a list of known and named Islamist radicals who were not allowed entry into the United States. This terrorist’s own father, a high ranking member of a Nigerian financial institution, even tried to warn authorities in the West, and the United States in particular, about the concern he had of his son’s radical indoctrination and flirtations with known Islamists terror groups.
The authorities in the Netherlands even alerted U.S. officials of the passenger list, apparently with no objection from American security officials. Topping all of this is the revelation that two of the Al-Qaeda leaders involved in this latest plot were once Gitmo terrorist detainees who were eventually released from the detention center, only to return to their jihadist roots to focus on murdering innocent civilians. And finally, Al-Qaeda has openly confirmed that they were behind this man’s training, funding and equipment.
Misleading statements that Obama made on Monday are absurd in their context, not only because they further endanger our nation from the very real threat of a very real and evil enemy by intentionally keeping Americans in the dark about the true nature of radical Islamist doctrine, but they also encourage our enemies in Al Qaeda and the Islamist world to continue plotting attacks and murder by demonstrating our inability to treat these attempts as the acts of war they really are.
By acting like each attack is now an “isolated criminal act” by a “crazed” or “disenfranchised youth,” instead of an act by a large terrorist organization completely dedicated and hell-bent on all of our destruction in the name of Islam, Obama, Holder and Napolitano are telling our enemies that we will not fight back when they make war on us. We will simply arrest these “criminals,” and “not rest until all the crooks are brought to justice.”
It really makes you feel ***********///////********//////****** knowing that this President, who seems almost sympathetic to these Islamist terrorists, decides to let Eric Holder’s Justice Department take the lead in fighting the War on Terror, now morphed into Obama’s “Overseas Contingency for the Prevention of Tragic Man-Caused Disasters.”
There is no doubt that most Muslims are peaceful and just want to go on living their lives. But as several others have highlighted, even though most Muslims are not radical or terrorists, almost every act of terrorism in the world today is perpetrated by practitioners of radical Islam.
These radical Islamists, unfortunately, are hurting not only the “infidels” to whom they seek to “cleanse” from the world, they also hurt peaceful, law-abiding Muslims who want nothing to do with aims of the violent jihadists, namely, the globe ruled under Islamic Sharia Law.
Until the majority of peaceful Muslims stand up to the radicals that poison their religion and our world, they will all be stereotyped by non-Muslims as part of the problem.
That may be unfair, yet it is also unfair that non-Muslims must continue to live in a state of constant fear and inconvenience of politically-correct strip searches and lines in airports out of fear of “racial profiling” those who come from a background that is historically and typically Islamic. When an eighty-year-old, white-haired Caucasian grandmother is pulled aside for a targeted strip search by Department of Homeland Security agents so there is no appearance of “profiling” a singular group, we have crossed the politically correct path to insanity in this country.
President Obama’s policies against our national security structure, including his reversion to treating a real shooting war more as a pre-9/11 Clintonian mindset as nothing more than a “law-enforcement” problem, have simply emboldened Al Qaeda and their allies once again. There is no doubt that this president’s total disregard for reality and his pursuit of a politically correct Utopia will bring on another disastrous atrocity against the United States at the hands of Al Qaeda.
Maybe we Americans will then finally wake up to the reality that we do have a real enemy who wants us destroyed. Maybe at that point, we will finally become serious about getting the job of winning the War on Islamist Fascism instead of pursuing idiotic politically-correct policies.
Maybe then we will finally put our national interests, i.e. survival, ahead of trying to become “loved” by the “international community” and the United Nations.
Until that day, however, there can be no doubt that Al Qaeda has found the perfect ally in the White House with whom they can work. Barack Hussein Obama seems to have the Al Qaeda “stamp of approval.”
Stay alert when you fly the friendly skies.
Publicado: 12-30-2009 11:40 AM
Barack Obama gets an ‘F’ for protecting Americans
By Toby Harnden
The Telegraph U.K.
December 30th, 2009
There is no more solemn duty for an American commander-in-chief than the martialling of “all elements of American power” – the phrase Obama himself used on Monday – to protect the people of the United States. In that key respect, Obama failed on Christmas Day, just as President George W. Bush failed on September 11th (though he succeeded in the seven years after that).
Yes, the buck stops in the Oval Office. Obama may have rather smugly given himself a “B+” for his 2008 performance but he gets an F for the events that led to Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab boarding a Detroit-bound plane in Amsterdam with a PETN bomb sewn into his underpants. He said today that a “systemic failure has occurred”. Well, he’s in charge of that system.
The picture we’re getting is more and more alarming by the hour. Here are some key elements to consider:
1. Abdulmutallab’s father spoke several times to the US Embassy in Abuja, Nigeria and visited a CIA officer there to tell him, apparently, that he feared his son was a jihadist being trained in Yemen. According to CNN, the CIA officer wrote up a report, which then sat in the CIA headquarters at Langley for several weeks without being disseminated to the rest of the intelligence community. This was not just a casual encounter. Again according to CNN, there were at least two face-to-face meetings, telephone calls and written correspondence with the father. If it’s true that the CIA sat on this then it beggars belief.
2. After 9/11, the huge bureaucracies of the Homeland Security Department and the Directorate of National Intelligence (DNI) were created. Inside the DNI, the National Counter Terrorism Center was created. These organisations were created to “connect the dots”. It may well be that the fault lay with NCTC and not the CIA – CIA spokesman George Little says here that “key biographical information” and information about “possible extremist connections in Yemen” was passed to NCTC. If NCTC knew about it, then did someone at the National Security Council within the White House? There’s a huge blame game beginning so we’ll no doubt know soon enough.
3. It wasn’t just the meeting with the father. According to CBS, “as early as August of 2009 the Central Intelligence Agency was picking up information on a person of interest dubbed ‘The Nigerian’ suspected of meeting with ‘terrorist elements’ in Yemen”. So there were other parts of the jigsaw that were not put together.
4. In his studied desire to be the unBush by responding coolly to events like this, Obama is dangerously close to failing as a leader. Yes, it is good not to shoot from the hip and make broad assertions without the facts. But Obama took three days before speaking to the American people, emerging on Monday in between golf and tennis games in Hawaii to deliver a rather tepid address that significantly underplayed what happened. He described Abdulmutallab as an “isolated extremist” who “allegedly tried to ignite an explosive device on his body” – phrases that indicate a legalistic, downplaying approach that alarms rather than reassures. Today’s words showed a lot more fire and desire to get on top of things – we’ll see whether Obama follows through with action. In the meantime, he went snorkelling.
5. There has been a pattern developing with the Obama administration trying to minimise terrorist attacks. We saw it with Abdul Hakim Mujahid Muhammad, a Muslim convert who murdered a US Army recruit in Little Rock, Arkansas in June. We saw it with Major Nidal Malik Hassan, a Muslim with Palestinian roots who slaughtered 13 at Fort Hood, Texas last month. In both cases, there were Yemen connections. Obama began to take the same approach with Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab. We’ll see whether this incident shakes him out of that complacency. Whether it’s called the war on terror or not, it’s clear that the US is at war against al-Qaeda and radical Islamists.
6. Guantanamo Bay. It seems that two of the Al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP) planners behind this attack were released from Guantanamo Bay during the Bush administration. That calls into question the competence of Bush administration officials but also the wisdom of closing Guantanamo Bay. How many other enemies of America and the West are going to be released back to the battlefield? As Mike Goldfarb asks: “Is the Obama administration seriously still considering sending some 90 Yemeni detainees now being held at Gitmo back to their country of origin, where al Qaeda are apparently running around with impunity?”
7. Janet Napolitano, Obama’s Homeland Security Chief, has been a distaster in this, exhibiting the kind of bureaucratic complacency that makes ordinary citizens want to go postal. On Sunday, she told CNN that “one thing I’d like to point out is that the system worked” and ABC News that “once the incident occurred, the system worked”. A day later, she grumbled that quoted “out of context” before reversing herself, telling NBC: “Our system did not work in this instance. No one is happy or satisfied with that. An extensive review is under way.” The “system worked” comment was a “heckuva job, Brownie” moment. Is she up to the job?
8. Will Obama hold individuals accountable? Briefing the press today behind a cloak of anonymity as a “Senior Administration Official”, Denis McDonough, NSC chief of staff (he gave the game away by saying he was from Minnesota), said that Obama “intends to demand accountability at the highest levels” before adding: ” It remains to be seen what that means exactly.” If heads don’t roll – and soon – then Obama’s words will seem hollow. It’s an opportunity for him to show some real steel.
9. There’s a continued, unfortunate tendency for everyone in Obamaland to preface every comment about something going wrong with a sideswipe against the Bush administration. On Sunday, Bill Burton, Deputy White House Press Secretary, briefed: “On the Sunday shows, Robert Gibbs and Secretary Napolitano made clear that we are pressing ahead with securing our nation against threats and our aggressive posture in the war with al Qaeda. We are winding down a war in Iraq that took our eye off of the terrorists that attacked us, and have dramatically increased our resources in Afghanistan and Pakistan where those terrorists are.” Why pat yourself on the back for “winding down a war in Iraq that took our eye off of the terrorists that attacked us” when the issue at hand is why the US government under Obama, er, took its eyes off a terrorist who did try to attack us and nearly killed 300 people? It’s bordering on the juvenile. Obama’s been president for a year now. It’s time for him to accept that things that happen as his responsibility, not Bush’s. It’s time for him to echo Ronald Reagan, who said over Iran-Contra: “I take full responsibility for my own actions and for those of my administration.”
10. Will there be US air attacks against targets in Yemen? Watch this space. It’s safe to say that Al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula or AQAP, described to me by a senior intelligence official today as “officially recognised and in corporate terms a sanctioned franchise of al-Qaeda” that is plainly now seeking to become an international rather than just a regional Islamist player.
Publicado: 12-31-2009 09:22 AM
Obama’s Only Real Accomplishment
Took hundreds of billions of dollars in taxpayer money, and directed them to his donors on Wall Street, in the unions and the insurance industry
Let’s get it straight, behind all the hubbub and noise, the international trips and summits, the TV specials and constant addresses to the nation and any other nation that would let him in, the huge spending plans and the photoshoots—Barack Hussein Obama has accomplished only one thing in his first year in office.
Obama’s only real accomplishment is that he took hundreds of billions of dollars in taxpayer money, and directed them to his donors on Wall Street, in the unions and the insurance industry. Barry Hussein took in nearly 15 million dollars in donations from securities and investments companies, and his first priority was to pay it back with a massive bailout that has exploded the deficit.
As the number one recipient of funds from securities and investments companies, Obama made sure they were paid off first. In exchange for a mere 14 million dollars, the industry received as much as a hundred thousand times that much from the government. And we aren’t done yet. And that is even without counting Cap and Trade, a plan set to enrich certain key Wall Street backers of Obama and the Democratic party, at the expense of the last remaining shreds of America’s manufacturing sector.
And then there were the unions. Not only did Obama keep the UAW around through the effective bailout and takeover of GM and Chrysler, but his next priority was delivering the SEIU’s health care plan. And while the SEIU appears to have lost out on the public option, unlike the AFL-CIO which has turned on the bill, SEIU President Andrew Stern is still expressing his support for Obama.
But while SEIU may not have gotten the government health care holiday they wanted, the insurance industry, which donated millions to Obama, got a bill which forces every American to buy insurance from them, or be fined and jailed. It’s not quite marching customers over to them at gunpoint, but it’s the next best thing.Obama’s big donors are throwing extra large parties to celebrate their windfall
While ordinary voters are complaining that they got screwed by Obama, his big donors are throwing extra large parties to celebrate their windfall. While 2009 has been a terrible year for most Americans, insurance company stocks are rising and Wall Street is anticipating a chance to nickel and dime every American through Cap and Trade.
And that is the simple and ugly truth behind Obama’s first term. Ignore the empty speeches and the even more meaningless summits. Behind the facade is the same stale old brand of Chicago politics, if you want something you gotta pay for it. If you want a street cleaning contract, then you better pay. And once you pay, the city will pay you twice the cost, even if none of the streets are ever clean. If you want to supply safety gear for the fire department, money better change hands. And then it doesn’t matter if the gear works or how much you overcharge for it.
But at the national level, it isn’t about municipal services or a state contract here and there, the kind of corruption that is bankrupting cities and states all across America. It’s about a truly grand level of corruption, because the budget at Obama’s disposal is virtually infinite. The money may not be there, but as long as the Chinese keep lending, Barry Hussein and his staff will keep on spending. Because when the bill comes due, they know they won’t be there.
Obama has no personal investment in America. It’s a resource to him like everything else. And when a con artist gets into a bank vault, he steals it clean, and then moves on. Unless he can be made dictator for life, Obama doesn’t care much what happens after he’s out of office. And if he is made dictator for life, that just means more wealth redistribution. The Chicago way is to treat taxes as a way to pay back favors and set yourself up for life. That mixture of left wing radicalism and organized crime that defines Obama’s political background has no room in it for any kind of fiscal responsibility.War on Terror and Afghan surge
Once in office, Barry Hussein could barely be bothered to care about the War on Terror, only announcing an Afghan surge after he had been shamed into it. His international trips accomplished nothing except to give Michelle Obama a chance to pick up more expensive and ugly souvenirs. Abusive to allies and slavish to enemies, Obama’s foreign adventures impressed no one at all and accomplished even less.
Domestic security naturally went by the wayside. Obama’s tossed wreath at Ground Zero demonstrated how well he had absorbed the contemptuous attitude of his mentor, Jeremiah “God ******* America” Wright. Neither a New Yorker nor an American, terrorism was nothing to Obama, except a chance to recite a homily about the virtues of Islam. The mosques of Mecca and the Madrassas of Asia had far more emotional resonance for Obama than the Twin Towers.
His Homeland Security Chief, Janet Napolitano, quickly reverted back to Janet Reno’s approach to domestic security with alarmist rhetoric about the dangers of right wing extremism. Meanwhile Reno’s own second in command, Attorney General Eric Holder hardly bothered to hide his sympathy for the terrorists. And so the 3AM phone call to Obama never came. Instead a passenger subdued the latest Al Queda terrorist, while Obama drowsed peacefully in his White House bed, visions of spending bills dancing in his head.
Now just as it had been with Afghanistan a few months back, Obama has been caught by surprise as an issue that he had demonstrated his unconcern for is coming back to bite him on the #####. Naturally the reflexive Chicago tactic is to blame it on the Republicans. The problem is that the nameplate says Barack H. Obama, not George W. Bush. And by now it’s clear even to Obama’s supporters, that the man will go on blaming Bush even after 8 years in office, without taking responsibility for the consequences of his own policies.Creating jobs was an inside joke between Obama and his donors, where the punchline was “Green Jobs”
But Obama isn’t stupid or incompetent. He proved quite capable of obsessively pursuing and shoving through legislation on the issues he cared about. Of course the legislation he cared about was passing kickbacks to his donors and enacting socialism for America. National security wasn’t on the list. Defending America wasn’t even gifted with a single checkmark. Creating jobs was an inside joke between Obama and his donors, where the punchline was “Green Jobs”.
When Cheney calls out Obama for abandoning national defense and the War on Terror, the White House has no response except to issue sanctimonious statements bemoaning finger pointing. Which is par for the course when the fingers are being pointed at you. But Obama is not a big believer in Truman’s aphorism. If Harry’s desk said, “The Buck Stops Here”, Obama’s desk says, “The Bucks Are Spent Here”.
Forget national security. Obama’s key interests are “reform” plans that benefit him personally. Next up will either be Cap and Trade or legalizing enough illegal aliens to outweigh all the out of work Americans just waiting for a chance to vote him out of office in 2012. (Lawyers after all formed the largest base of his contributors.) The buck doesn’t stop in the Oval Office anymore. The moral compass does.
Publicado: 01-06-2010 03:34 PM
ESTAMPIDA DE DEMOCRATAS QUE SE RETIRAN ANTES DE SUFRIR UNA DERROTA HUMILLANTE!
THE OBAMA PURGES BEGIN
joytiz.com ^ | 1/6/10 | Joy Tiz
The demands of complete subjugation to the democrat party and its leader have proven to be too much for several key democrat hacks. Two senators and one governor have abandoned plans to run for re-election in November.
Most notable is the contemptible and entirely corrupt undeserving beneficiary of dynasty politics, Chris “Countrywide” Dodd, architect of much of America’s financial crisis. The felonious Dodd is waxing lyrical about his personal woes, including the death of his Waitress Sandwich partner, Ted Kennedy.
The more plausible explanation for Dodd’s abrupt decision is that he became yet another casualty of the Chicago Way. Dodd’s complete inability to stay out of sleazy self- serving deals made him an easy mark for Rahm Emanuel. No doubt the former ballerina gave Dodd the option of not being prosecuted for multiple felonies in exchange for his bowing out of the November senate race.
Some democrats will surrender rather than face the disgrace of vanquishment by huge margins in November and lack of party support. Dodd, however, has proven himself entirely unblushing when confronted with evidence of astonishing ethical lapses.
Obama doesn’t want Dodd’s scandals and low approval numbers jeopardizing a democrat seat. Any democrat perceived as a political liability or putting up resistance to the radical party line would be wise to do some resume updating.
Republicans can savor the moment, but shouldn’t get too giddy.