Responder
¡Bienvenido! Para que puedas participar, intercambiar mensajes privados, subir fotos, dar kudos y ser parte de las conversaciones necesitas estar ingresado en los Foros. | Ingresa | Regístrate Gratis
Plata
wendilyz

AFFIDAVITS I-751 instructions-examples-you can-prove t your marriage

!) ..So what does USCIS (INS) want to see in the affidavit from people we know??
A..I did the I-751 in 1997, and it was approved without an interview. I asked the USCIS (INS) the very same question. I did exactly what they told me to do for the affidavits.

- Choose 2 friends who know you well *as a married couple*
- Have EACH friend write a letter
- Letter format:
- Must include the person's name, date of birth, SSN, address, and phone.
- Must be dated.
- Must state how the person came to know you [and list each of you by name).
- When and for how long they have known you.
- Must state that they have seen you a certain amount of time ['frequently' works] since you have been married and that you appear to be a married couple.
- Must be signed, but does not have to be notarized.
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Plata
wendilyz

Re: AFFIDAVITS I-751 instructions-examples-you can-prove t your marriage

Affidavits

The I-751 instructions give examples of the types of evidence you can submit to prove that your marriage was entered into in "good faith". The final example of evidence they give is this:

"affidavits sworn to or affirmed by at least two people who have known both of you since your conditional residence was granted and have personal knowledge of your marriage and relationship. (Such persons may be required to testify before an immigration officer as to the information contained in the affidavit.) The original affidavit must be submitted, and it must also contain the following information regarding the person making the affidavit: his or her full name or address; date and place of birth; relationship to you or your spouse, if any; and full information and complete details explaining how the person acquired his or her knowledge."

This is quite possibly the most complicated aspect of filing the I-751. I looked up the subject on the US Marriage Based Visas newsgroup. From reading several posts, this is what I learned:

1. It is not essential to include any affidavits.
I personally think it's a good idea to include at least two, as it should reduce the chances of you being called for another joint interview to prove the validity of your marriage. We did include 2 affidavits.

2. Some people take "sworn to or affirmed by" to mean that the person writing the affidavit should have it notarised. Other people believe that notarisation is unnecessary. Your affidavit writer could include this line instead: "I declare under penalty of perjury under the Law of the United States of America that the foregoing is true and correct. Signed on month day, year at my town, my state." If your affidavit writer is willing / able to have their letter notarised, then you may as well have it done. One of our two affidavits notarised.

We asked Ben's Mom and Ben's brother's girlfriend to write affidavits for us. I gave them a list of what had to be included:

Letter format:
*Must include your full name, date of birth, address, and phone number.
Must be dated.
Must state when you met us and for how long you have known us.
Must state your relationship to us, if any.
Must state that you have seen us a certain amount of time [eg. “frequently” ] since we have been married and that we appear to be a genuine married couple.
(You can give examples of how we spent time together on specific holidays, birthdays & when we moved house.)

Must be signed & preferably notarized.

I then included example letters. Two were from Doc Steen's website. One was from the K-1 FAQ.

Here's what they came up with (Thank you):

*Full Name*
*Address*
*Phone Number*

FEB 28, 2009

To whom it may concern:

I am writing to verify that I have known Jennie ***** for a little over 3 years. Our son, Benjamin, invited Jennie to our home to meet us in June 2000. Jennie and Benjamin were married in August 2001. I am Benjamin’s mother, and we are delighted Jennie is a part of our family.

Since their marriage, we have seen them regularly at all family events and just to get together on week ends both at their home and at ours. They have worked hard together and have just recently been able to purchase their first home. We have all worked together on painting and repairs. They are a happily married couple, looking forward to their future. Jennie is a wonderful, and much loved addition to our family.

Sincerely,

*signature*

(Date of birth: xx-xx-xx)

(Birthplace: Town, State, U.S.A.)

*Full Name*
*Address*
*Phone Number*

8-31-03

To whom it may concern:

My date of birth is xx-xx-xx, and I was born in town, state. I have known Jennie xxxxx since March 2001. I first met her at a family dinner at a local restaurant. I attended her wedding to Benjamin xxxxx in August 2001. I see Jennie regularly at family events and holidays. I have spent the past three 4th of July celebrations with Jennie and Benjamin watching fireworks. I have helped them move into their first apartment in 2001 and recently into their new home in June 2003. They have worked hard together to make this home their home. They are happily married and looking forward to their years ahead.

Sincerely,

*Signature*

Plata
wendilyz

) ..What evidence should we submit?
A..The list is endless, and you can send whatever evidence you want to the USCIS (INS) in support of your petition. While overwhelming the USCIS (INS) is not neccesarily a good idea, sending them a complete and well rounded amount of evidence that gives them a full understanding of your case is a good idea.

Your list might include:

• You *must* include a copy of your I-551 green card as initial evidence.
  • Bank statements showing both names.
  • Insurance policies showing the spouse as beneficiary.
  • Tax returns filed jointly.
  • Loan payment papers showing both names.
  • Utility bills addressed to either of you.
  • Copies of tickets, boarding passes showing you traveled together (if you traveled).
  • Birth certificates of any children born to you.
  • Affidavits sworn to or affirmed by at least two people who have known both of you since your conditional residence was granted and have personal knowledge of your marriage and relationship.
  • Any other sort of common, ordinary correspondence addressed to either or both of you at the same address.

Plata
wendilyz

OTRO EJEMPLO

David Smith
Address
City, State zip
(telephone number)

Date

To whom It may concern:

I am writing this letter to support the I-751 petition by Jane and
John Doe. I have known Jane and John since (date), when we met while
John and I were co-workers. I served as best man at their wedding.
Since their marriage, I have seen Jane and John together as a couple
many times and in a variety of situations, both at my house and
theirs, as well as in public. They appear to be a legitimately
married couple.

The most recent time that I saw them as a couple was at Jane's
surprise birthday party hosted by John.

If you have any questions, I may be reached at the phone number or the
address above.

sincerely,

David Smith
(social security number)
(date of birth)

Plata
wendilyz

Cover Letter

Our Address

Jennie X. XXXX

A# ***-***-***

02/01/09

USBCIS Nebraska Service Center

P.O. Box 87751

Lincoln

NE 68501-7751

Dear BCIS Official,

Please find enclosed an I-751 petition to remove the conditions on my permanent resident status. I am filing jointly with my husband, Benjamin XXXX, through whom I obtained conditional status. We have included the filing fee of $145, in the form of a money order.

The following documents are included to demonstrate the validity of our marriage:

· Copy of my permanent resident card.

· Copy of the 12-month residential lease for our apartment, covering the period: 08/01/01 to 07/31/02.

· Copy of the 12-month residential lease for our apartment, covering the period: 08/01/02 to 07/31/03.

· Copy of Benjamin’s drivers license and copy of Jennie’s state ID card, issued 08/30/01, showing joint occupancy at our apartment.

· Copy of 2002 US Federal income tax return, showing our filing status as ‘Married filing jointly’.

· Copy of 2002 Wisconsin income tax return, also showing our filing status as ‘Married filing jointly’.

· Copy of July 2003 joint checking account statement.

· Copy of June 2003 joint savings account statement.

· Copy of homeownership savings certificate, issued 12/13/02.

· Copy of mortgage loan settlement statement.

· Copy of loan payment notice for our house.

· Copy of warranty deed to our house, purchased 05/19/03.

· Copy of home insurance coverage summary for our house.

· Copy of June 2003 energy bill for our house.

· Copy of dentist statement showing joint visits to dentist and joint dental insurance, covering the period: 11/21/01 to 07/24/02.

· Dentist statement showing Jennie XXXX as beneficiary of Benjamin XXXX’s dental insurance.

· Copy of ‘medical explanation of benefits’, showing Jennie XXXX filing a claim through Benjamin XXXX’s health insurance.

· Letter from *** Church, showing joint church attendance.

· Notarized affidavit written by XXXX XXXX, attesting to our relationship and marriage.

· Affidavit written by XXXX XXXX, attesting to our relationship and marriage.

You may inquire at the sources of the enclosed documents to confirm the validity of their statements. You are very welcome to visit our home, should you ever desire to do so. Please contact us if you have any questions or require further information.

Sincerely,

Wendyliz

Plata
wendilyz

Este affidavits si me gusto...

United States Department of Homeland Security
U. S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
Vermont Service Center
75 Lower Welden St.
Saint Albans, Vermont 05479

Dear Sir or Madam:

This is written in regards to my observation that WIFE'S NAME GOES HERE
and HUSBAND'S NAME GOES HERE live happily together as husband and wife.

I have spent time in their household since WIFE'S NAME GOES HERE  and
HUSBAND'S NAME GOES HERE were married. We have spent time together on a
regular basis as neighbors and friends.  To the best of my knowledge they
seem to function as a very happy family.

WIFE'S NAME GOES HERE and HUSBAND'S NAME GOES HERE appear to be very
devoted to one another, which is evident each time that I visit their
home. Their home environment is very comfortable and relaxes with the
happiness within showing outward in each member of the family.

If you have any questions or comments please feel free to contact me at
the following information:

(contact information included date and place of birth
OF PERSON THAT WILL
ADMIT TO KNOWING YOU)

Thank you for the opportunity to share this information with you.

Sincerely,

NAME OF PERSON THAT WILL ADMIT TO KNOWING YOU

Plata
wendilyz

:cara_yes:
Acero
rosamora

:cara_yes:
Acero
jackie519

Hola wendiliz:

Que bueno verte de nuevo y empezamos a prepararnos para remover la condicional, mi turno es para el proximo diciembre pero yo se que muchas del grupo de julio 2007 empiezan mucho antes. Buen tema como siempre para abrir

Bendiciones

Jackie519

Plata
wendilyz

:cara_burlon:

Escrito por jackie519:

Hola wendiliz:

Que bueno verte de nuevo y empezamos a prepararnos para remover la condicional, mi turno es para el proximo diciembre pero yo se que muchas del grupo de julio 2007 empiezan mucho antes. Buen tema como siempre para abrir

Bendiciones

Jackie519

:cara_burlon: