¡Bienvenido a los Foros de Univision! Participa, intercambia mensajes privados, sube tus fotos y forma parte de nuestra Comunidad. | Ingresa | Regístrate Gratis
Responder
Retirado
siboneyes
0 Kudos

OBAMA AYUDO A BLOQUEAR LA AMNISTIA DE BUSH A LOS ILEGALES EN EL 2007

Obama Helped Kill Immigration Reform In 2007 - Will Media Remember?
By Noel Sheppard 
 Thu, 04/29/2010 -
           The immigration reform back on the front page thanks to Arizona's new controversial law, it's going to be very interesting to see how the Obama-loving press report what he did concerning this issue when he was a junior senator from Illinois in 2007.
             For instance, David Broder's "How Congress Botched Immigration Reform" published in Thursday's Washington Post didn't even mention Barack Obama's name. This seems particularly odd given this paragraph (h/t Jennifer Rubin): But once the bill hit the floor, it was attacked from both flanks. The most conservative Republicans -- Jim DeMint of South Carolina, David Vitter of Louisiana and Jeff Sessions of Alabama -- led the assault.
           They were joined by some civil libertarians and allies of organized labor who were dissatisfied with the bill's protections for guest workers. Democrat Byron Dorgan of North Dakota repeatedly tried to gut the guest-worker program before finally succeeding by one vote on his third effort.
        Broder curiously chose to ignore the fact that Barack Obama was, for all intents and purposes, the fateful deciding vote as reported by the late Robert Novak in June 2007: Story Continues Below Ad ↓
       Democrat Byron Dorgan, who seldom has tasted legislative success during 15 years in the Senate, scored a dubious victory last week. He was able to insert a poison pill in the immigration reform bill that aimed at emasculating the essential guest worker program.
    The 49 to 48 vote that passed Dorgan's amendment included surprising support from two prominent first-term senators: Jim DeMint, a conservative Republican from South Carolina, and Barack Obama. [...] The Dorgan amendment is a classic poison pill: designed to kill, not improve, the bill. Its passage makes resurrection of immigration reform all the more difficult.
       Decisive votes by DeMint and Obama were not appreciated by the bipartisan group that had crafted the bargain intended to ***********///////********//////****** America's borders while permitting an orderly flow of temporary workers. [...] Obama's vote for the poison pill was unexpected because he had participated, uninvited, one time in the bipartisan negotiating process. He had demanded and won a provision permitting immigrants to stay on the job after being designated "not employable" by the government under the new system until their appeals were exhausted.
           Obama's support for the Dorgan amendment then infuriated Republicans in the negotiating group who had opposed the concession to the presidential candidate.
   In case you're thinking the conservative Novak was being a tad partisan with his piece, here's what the Associated Press wrote on June 7 that year: A proposed immigration overhaul narrowly survived several strong Senate challenges, but it suffered a potentially deal-breaking setback early Thursday. Shortly after midnight, the Senate voted 49-48 to end a new temporary worker program after five years.

The following year, as the presidential campaign was in full-swing, the Christian Science Monitor reported on April 17, 2008: Obama was part of the bipartisan group of senators who began meeting in 2005 on comprehensive immigration reform. But last summer, with the presidential nominating race well under way, Obama backed 11th-hour amendments - supported by labor, immigrant rights, and clergy groups - that Republicans saw as imperiling the fragile compromise. None of those measures passed.
         But Obama was part of a 49-to-48 majority that voted to end after five years a temporary worker program that had been a cornerstone of the immigration deal. The vote, backed by labor, was seen as a major setback to bipartisan negotiations.
          Given all this, one has to wonder why Broder recognized the significance of the Dorgan amendment, but totally ignored Obama's role in getting it passed.

More importantly, as immigration takes center stage in the coming weeks, will everyone in the media forget what Sen. Barack Obama did to prevent reform three years ago? Stay tuned. —Noel Sheppard is the Associate Editor of NewsBusters. Follow him at Facebook and Twitter
Retirado
sirjohn

Re: OBAMA AYUDO A BLOQUEAR LA AMNISTIA DE BUSH A LOS ILEGALES EN EL 2007

THE GREEN CARD (ALLIEN REGISTRATION CARD)  ES LA TARJETA PARA EXTRANJEROS QUE SON RESIDENTES LEGALES EN ESTADOS UNIDOS.

POR LEY DE FRANKLIN DELANO ROOSEVELT, TODO EXTRANJERO RESIDENTE LEGAL EN ESTADOS UNIDOS TIENE QUE PORTAR EN TODO MOMENTO SU TARJETA DE RESIDENTE (THE ALLIEN REGISTRATION CARD) Y MOSTRARLA A CUALQUIER AUTORIDAD QUE ASI LO REQUIERA.

Franklin Roosevelt's 'New Deal' Immigration Laws
The Bulliten ^ | 30 April 2010 | Mark Steyn

As I write, I have my papers on me – and not just because I’m in Arizona. I’m an immigrant, and it is a condition of my admission to this great land that I carry documentary proof of my residency status with me at all times and be prepared to produce it to law enforcement officials, whether on a business trip to Tucson or taking a 20-minute stroll in the woods back at my pad in New Hampshire.

Who would impose such an outrageous Nazi fascist discriminatory law?

Er, well, that would be Franklin Roosevelt.

But don’t let the fine print of the New Deal prevent you from going into full-scale meltdown.

“Boycott Arizona-stan!” urges MSNBC’s Keith Olbermann, surely a trifle Islamophobically: What has some blameless Central Asian basket case done to deserve being compared with a hellhole like Phoenix?

Boycott Arizona Iced Tea, jests Travis Nichols of Chicago. It is “the drink of fascists.” Just as regular tea is the drink of racists, according to Newsweek’s in-depth and apparently non-satirical poll analysis of anti-Obama protests.

At San Francisco’s City Hall, where bottled water is banned as the drink of climate denialists, Mayor Gavin Newsom is boycotting for real: All official visits to Arizona have been canceled indefinitely. You couldn’t get sanctions like these imposed at the UN Security Council, but then, unlike Arizona, Iran is not a universally reviled pariah.

Will a full-scale economic embargo devastate the Copper State? Who knows? It’s not clear to me what San Francisco imports from Arizona. Chaps? But, at any rate, like the bottled water ban, it sends a strong signal that this kind of hate will not be tolerated.

The same day that Mayor Newsom took his bold stand, I saw a phalanx of police officers doing the full Robocop – black body armor, helmets and visors – as they marched down the street. Goosestepping? No, it’s actually quite hard to goosestep in those steel-reinforced kneepads. So just regular marching.

Naturally I assumed they were Arizona State Troopers performing a routine traffic stop. In fact, they were the police department of Quincy, Illinois facing down a group of genial Tea Party grandmas in sun hats and American-flag T-shirts. They were acting at the behest of President Obama’s Secret Service, who rightly recognized a polite knot of citizens singing “God Bless America” as a clear and present danger to the republic.

If I were a member of the Quincy PD I’d wear a full-face visor, too, because I wouldn’t be able to look myself in the mirror. It’s a tough job making yourself a paramilitary laughingstock.

And yet the coastal frothers denouncing Arizona as the Third Reich or, at best, apartheid South Africa seem entirely relaxed about the ludicrous and embarrassing sight of peaceful protesters being menaced by camp stormtroopers from either a dinner-theatre space-opera or uniforms night at Mayor Newsom’s re-election campaign.

That’s Arizona. To the coastal commentariat, “undocumented immigrants” are the people who mow your lawn while you’re at work and clean your office while you’re at home. (That, for the benefit of Linda Greenhouse, is the real apartheid: the acceptance of a permanent “undocumented” servant class by far too many “documented” Americans who assuage their guilt by pathetic sentimentalization of immigration.) But in border states illegal immigration is life and death. I spoke to a lady this week who has a camp of illegals on the edge of her land: She lies awake at night, fearful for her children and alert to strange noises in the yard.

President Obama, shooting from his lip, attacked the new law as an offense against “fairness”. Where’s the fairness for this woman’s family? Because her home is in Arizona rather than Hyde Park, Chicago, she’s just supposed to get used to living under siege? This lady has to live there, while the political class that created this situation climbs back into the limo and gets driven far away.

Almost every claim made for the benefits of mass immigration is false. Europeans were told that they needed immigrants to help prop up their otherwise unaffordable social entitlements: In reality, Turks in Germany have three times the rate of welfare dependency as ethnic Germans, and their average retirement age is 50. Two-thirds of French imams are on the dole.

But wait: what about the broader economic benefits? The World Bank calculated that if rich countries increased their workforce by a mere three per cent through admitting an extra 14 million people from developing countries, it would benefit the populations of those rich countries by $139 billion. Wow!

As Christopher Caldwell points out in his book Reflections On The Revolution In Europe, “The aggregate gross domestic product of the advanced economies for the year 2008 is estimated by the International Monetary Fund at close to $40 trillion.” So an extra $139 billion works out to a spectacular 0.0035 per cent.

Bronze
comamche1

Re: OBAMA AYUDO A BLOQUEAR LA AMNISTIA DE BUSH A LOS ILEGALES EN EL 2007

Eso es muy correcto!!!   Negrobama contamino las Ley de reforma Migratoria Propuesta en el 2007.