Feedbak UVideos

¡Bienvenido a los Foros de Univision! Participa, intercambia mensajes privados, sube tus fotos y forma parte de nuestra Comunidad. | Ingresa | Regístrate Gratis
Responder
Retirado
siboneyes

Re: OBAMA: “if I had a son, he’d look like Trayvon.”

The Debunker: Stimulating unemployment

by Mark LaRochelle
03/22/2012 ET
In what the Washington Post trumpeted as “the latest display of the breadth and strength of the economic recovery,” the unemployment rate was unchanged last month, marking “the first time in six months it didn’t fall.” Atlantic editor Derek Thompson strains mightily to spin this as evidence that President Barack Obama’s “stimulus” worked.

The estimated cost of the stimulus is now up to $825 billion (a $38 billion cost overrun from Obama’s original claim of $787 billion). This massive deficit spending would be worth it, Vice President Joe Biden assured us back in Feb. 2009, as it would “literally dropkick” us out of the recession (Literally, Joe?) Three years later, how are we to judge this claim?

BUNK

The stimulus had nothing to do with ending the recession. As John Merline noted in Investors’ Business Daily:

“Monthly GDP … stopped free-falling in December 2008, long before the stimulus kicked in, according to the National Bureau of Economic Research. … Monthly job losses bottomed out in early 2009 while the Index of Leading Economic Indicators started to rise in April.”

By the time the recession officially ended in June 2009, no more than $60.4 billion (7.3 percent) of stimulus funds had been spent — meaning that by the time Obama is done, at least 92.7 percent of this increase in debt will have been incurred after its alleged rationale had become moot.

As a result, according to the U.S Bureau of Economic Analysis’ revised estimate released Feb. 29, real GDP growth slowed to 1.6 percent last year, barely half 2010’s rate of 3.1 percent. After ten quarters of the Obama “recovery,” GDP is up just 6.2 percent from the bottom — less than half the median 12.8 percent for postwar recoveries, according to Federal Reserve data.

Even worse than its drag on GDP is the effect of this crippling debt on employment. Even before taking office, Obama claimed his stimulus spending would “likely save or create 3 to 4 million jobs.” He cited a report by Christina Romer, then head of his Council of Economic Advisors, dated January 9, 2009, which projected that the stimulus would hold unemployment to 7 percent, versus 8.8 percent without the stimulus (see Figure 1).
Source: Christina Romer and Jared Bernstein. “The Job Impact of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Plan.” January 9, 2009. Figure 1, page 4.

In reality, Obama’s spending spree “stimulated” unemployment up to 10 percent! Even 32 months into the recovery, employment has grown only 1.7 percent from the bottom, according to the Fed, far below the average 7 percent for postwar recoveries – or 10 percent for the Reagan recovery following the 1981 tax cuts!

Obama’s excuse for this performance is that he “underestimated” the depth of the recession, but this is clearly not true. In his first budget, he actually overestimated the recession, underestimating GDP for 2008 by more than $100 billion. His problem isn’t that he underestimated the recession, but that he overestimated the effect of his “stimulus,” promising $18 billion growth his first year, but delivering a loss of almost $400 billion.

Thanks to Obama’s spending, the White House overestimated last year’s GDP by more than half a trillion dollars. Meanwhile, the administration’s Romer-Bernstein report (Figure 1) projected that unemployment should now be 6 percent. Instead, it stands at 8.3 percent — exactly where it was when Obama signed the stimulus into law in February 2009.

That month, the President said, “If I don’t have this done in three years, then this is going to be a one-term proposition.”

That was three years ago last month.

Mark LaRochelle was editor at the National Journalism

Junior
belledunuit

ENVIDIA, TE RECOME LA ENVIDIA, JAJAJAJAJA

MIRA, VIEJO RECHOCHO, SI ESTUVIERAS DESEMPLEADO SIN MAS NINGUNA AYUDA Y QUERIENDOTE AHORCAR, NO DIGO YO SI LAS EXTENSIONES TE HUBIERAN SALVADO, COMO LO HAN HECHO CON MILES Y MILES DE ALMAS QUE NO PODIAN ENCONTRAR TRABAJO, ES INCREIBLE COMO LOS QUE NO ESTAN EN EL POTAJE SE TOMAN  LA LIBERTAD DE HABLAR PURA BAZOFIA BARATA, CALLATE EL PICO QUE ESTAS HACIENDO EL COMPLETO RIDICULO!

UP YOURS. PUTTING IT DELICATELY.

Retirado
siboneyes

Geraldo's Point
By Thomas Sowell
3/27/2012

It is not often that I agree with Geraldo Rivera, but recently he said something very practical and potentially life-saving, when he urged black and Hispanic parents not to let their children go around wearing hoodies.

There is no point in dressing like a hoodlum when you are not a hoodlum, even though that has become a fashion for some minority youths, including the teenager who was shot and killed in a confrontation in Florida. I don't know the whole story of that tragedy, any more than those who are making loud noises in the media do, but that is something that we have trials for.

People have a right to dress any way they want to, but exercising that right is something that requires common sense, and common sense is something that parents should have, even if their children don't always have it.

Many years ago, when I was a student at Harvard, there was a warning to all the students to avoid a nearby tough Irish neighborhood, where Harvard students had been attacked. It so happened that there was a black neighborhood on the other side of the Irish neighborhood that I had to pass through when I went to get my hair cut.

I never went through that Irish neighborhood dressed in the sstyle of most Harvard students back then. I walked through that Irish neighborhood dressed like a black working man would be dressed -- and I never had the slightest trouble the whole three years that I was at Harvard.

While I had a right to walk through that tough neighborhood dressed in a Brooks Brothers suit, if I wanted to -- and if I could have afforded one, which I couldn't -- it made no sense for me to court needless dangers.

The man who shot the black teenager in Florida may be as guilty as sin, for all I know -- or he may be innocent, for all I know. We pay taxes so that there can be judges and jurors who sort out the facts. We do not need Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton or the President of the United States spouting off before the trial has even begun. Have we forgotten the media's rush to judgment in the Duke University "rape" case that blew up completely when the facts came out?

If the facts show that a teenager who was no threat to anyone was shot and killed, it will be time to call for the death penalty. But if the facts show that the shooter was innocent, then it will be time to call for people in the media and in politics to keep their big mouths shut until they know what they are talking about.

Playing with racial polarization is playing with fire.

Much has been made of the fact that the teenager was unarmed. The only time I have ever pointed a loaded gun at a human being, I had no idea whether he was armed or not. All I knew was that I could hear his footsteps sneaking up behind me at night.

Fortunately for both of us, he froze in his tracks when I pointed a gun at him. If he had made a false move, I would have shot him. And if it had turned out later that he was unarmed, I would not have lost a moment's sleep over it.

You know that someone was unarmed only after it is all over. If he attacks, you have to shoot, if only to keep the attacker from getting your gun.

It so happened that the man I pointed a gun at was white. But he could have been any color of the rainbow, and it would not have made the slightest difference.

Let the specific facts come out in the Florida case. That is why we have courts.

Have we forgotten the Jim Crow era, with courts making decisions based on the race of the defendants, rather than the facts of the case? That is part of the past that we need to leave in the past, not resurrect it under new racial management.

Who is really showing concern for the well-being of minority youngsters, Geraldo Rivera who is trying to save some lives, or Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, and others who are hyping this tragic episode for their own benefit?

Race hustlers who hype paranoia and belligerence are doing no favor to minority youngsters. There is no way to know how many of these youngsters' confrontations with the police or others in authority have been needlessly aggravated by the steady drumbeat of racial hype they have been bombarded with by race hustlers.

Thomas SowellThomas Sowell is a senior fellow at the Hoover Institute.

Retirado
siboneyes

Black men who could be Obama's son arrested for murder of white Mississippi State student.
Jammie Wearing Fools ^ | 27 March 2012 | Jammie

It’s funny, I have yet to see a single story about anyone holding candlelight vigils for John Sanderson. There’s no outrage from the left about a group of young black men murdering a white college student, no Congressional hearings scheduled, no civil rights hucksters leading marches.

Have MSNBC and CNN gone with wall-to-wall coverage of this case? Have they even mentioned it?

Sanderson was white, so I guess he’s expendable.

Two suspects are now in custody and facing capital murder charges in Saturday’s fatal shooting of Mississippi State University student John Sanderson outside a campus dorm room.

Authorities still are seeking a third, unnamed suspect in the slaying.

Dontae Harvey surrendered to U.S. marshals at 7:30 p.m. Monday at a residence on Jane Avenue in Jackson, said supervisory inspector Rick Griffin. Marshals developed information on his whereabouts and gained cooperation from his family, Griffin said. Harvey was being held at the Raymond detention center and awaiting transport to Starkville this morning, Griffin said.

Mason Perry Jones, 21, of Jackson was arrested Sunday and charged Monday with capital murder in the case.

Retirado
siboneyes

'POST-RACIAL' LYNCH MOB

Even after the Duke lacrosse case, Texaco executives allegedly using the N-word in private meetings -- which turned out to be "St. Nicholas" -- the Tawana Brawley case, not to mention virtual hailstorms of racist graffiti and nooses materializing on college campuses, all of which invariably end up having been put there by the alleged victims, the Non-Fox Media (NFM) didn't even pause before conjuring a racist plot in the shooting death of Trayvon Martin in Florida last month.

Like Captain Ahab searching for the Great White Whale, the NFM is constantly on the hunt for proof of America as "Mississippi Burning."

Over St. Patrick's Day weekend, the month after Martin was killed, gangs in Chicago shot 10 people dead, including a 6-year-old girl, Aliyah Shell, who was sitting with her mother on their front porch.

One imagines MSNBC hosts heaving a sign of relief that little Aliyah was not shot by a white man, and was thus spared the horror of being a victim of racism.

As it happens, Trayvon Martin wasn't shot by a white man either, but by George Zimmerman, a mixed-race Hispanic who lives in a diverse (47 percent white) gated community and tutors black kids.

But Hispanic is close enough for the NFM. They're chasing the Great White Whale of racist America and don't have time to check to see if the whale is actually a guppy.

Since the cat leapt out of the bag on Zimmerman being Hispanic, the media have begun calling him a "white Hispanic."

Not being a race-obsessed liberal, I don't particularly care, but it's indisputable that Zimmerman is brown. I saw his face carved on the side of a Mayan temple in the Yucatan. Using his mother's maiden name, he would be admitted to the University of Michigan law school on a full scholarship.

Apart from that, pretty much all that is known with certainty is that Zimmerman called the police to report a suspicious character in his neighborhood, and shortly thereafter he shot and killed Martin.

Junior
belledunuit

“if I had a son, he’d look like Trayvon.”SOOO WHAT, CANUTO?

Y ESTA ES MI RESPUESTA:

MIRE, SIRJOHN, NO SE HAGA EL TAN FINOLIS, QUE EL PRIMERO QUE DEMUESTRA SU INCREIBLE Y ASQUEROSO CONTUBERNIO CON TODO LO QUE ES FARSA, INVENTO Y MENTIRA ES USTED, SI, USTED, QUE DESDE QUE SE LEVANTA EMPIEZA A VER DONDE ENCUENTRA LAS MENTIRAS MAS SUCIAS CONTRA EL PRESIDENTE OBAMA QUE USTED BIEN SABE QUE LO QUE ESTOY DICIENDO ES LA PURA VERDAD, PERO A USTED LE IMPORTA UN BLEDO LO QUE META CON TAL DE IRLE ENCIMA A OBAMA CON LO PEOR AUNQUE SEA LA MENTIRA MAS VIL QUE EXISTE,  QUE USTED LO HA HECHO BASTANTES VECES, Y SE LO HE PILLADO Y NO SE LO DEJO PASAR PORQUE NO ME DA LA REVERENDA GANA DE QUE ESTE EL DIA ENTERO MACHACANDO AL PRESIDENTE CON SUS FALSEDADES Y CONSPIRACIONES QUE SACA DE LOS SITIOS MAS ABERRANTES Y REPLETOS DE MENTIRAS QUE CLARAMENTE ODIAN AL PRESIDENTE A MORIR..

. NO SE HAGA EL TAN INTELECTUAL Y "HIGH CLASS",  QUE MEJOR DEBERIA IR A UN PSICOLOGO PARA QUE LE RECONOZCA A VER CUAL ES EL GRAVE MAL QUE PADECE MENTAL PUES LO VEO MUY ENFERMO PSICOLOGICAMENTE. ME IMPORTA UN PEPINO LO QUE PIENSE USTED DE MI PORQUE LO QUE YO PIENSO DE USTED NO ES NADA BONITO TAMPOCO, Y SI NO LE GUSTA LO QUE POSTEO, PARA QUE SE ATREVE A METERME SUS COCHINADAS A LA FUERZA CUANDO YO JAMAS, JAMAS, JAMAS ME HE METIDO EN NINGUN POST DE USTED, Y USTED LO SABE REQUETEBIEN, PORQUE NO-ME-INTERESA- USTED- PARA- NADA, -----SIN EMBARGO USTED, DESPUES DE YO HABERLE PEDIDO, PRIMERO POR LAS BUENAS, HACE YA, Y SE PUEDE HABLAR DE AñOS AQUI, QUE NO SE METIERA MAS CONMIGO EN MIS POSTS Y US TED , PORQUE LE SALE DE SUS CANICAS, LO SIGUE HACIENDO CONSTANTEMENTE PARA HACERSE EL 'CHECHE' COMO VULGARMENTE SE DICE, PUES AGUANTESE, SI, AGUANTESE, ?NO LE GUSTAN MIS RESPUESTAS? PUES AGUANTESE, SI NO QUIERE VER ESAS 'COSAS' QUE YO LE DEJO COMO RESPUESTAS A SUS SUCIEDADES Y MENTIRAS? PUES AGUANTESE, PORQUE MIENTRAS ME SIGA PERSIGUIENDO POR EL FORO A DIESTRA Y SINIESTRA VA A SEGUIR VIENDO MIS 'COSITAS' QUE ME OBLIGA A DEJARLE A DIARIO, ASI QUE NO SE QUEJE, NO SE META MAS CONMIGO Y NO TENDRA MAS ESE PROBLEMA SIGA SU CAMINITO DE SU VERDAD, QUE YO TENGO LA MIA, y A MUCHA Y COMPLETA HONRA., 

Y POR ULTIMO, MI META NO ES GANAR NINGUN ARGUMENTO, LO MIO ES POSTEAR LO QUE ME VALE Y EL QUE LO QUIERA LEER QUE ENTRE Y LO LEA, Y EL QUE NO, PUES FANTASTICO, QUE LE PASE POR ENCIMA Y BYE BYE, NO OBLIGO A NADIE A QUE ENTRE Y LEA MIS POSTS, PERO USTED, COMO METICHE Y FANTOCHE QUE ES, SIGUE EMPUJANDOME SUS DEMENCIAS MENTALES A LA FUERZA, LO QUE INDICA LA CLASE DE PERSONAJE QUE ES USTED, QUE DE HOMBRE NO TIENE UN PORO EN EL CUERPO, HACIENDOSE EL FINOLIS Y SIEMPRE TRATANDO A LA FUERZA DE EMPUJAR LO QUE USTED CREE QUE SON LAS VERDADES....... SERAN LAS VERDADES S-U-Y-A-S, PERO NO LAS DE MUCHOS Y LA MIA MENOS QUE MENOS, QUE PARA ADOCTRINAMIENTO ESTA FIDEL CASTRO Y SU CAMARILLA DE DEMONIOS, =====Y RECUERDO HASTA UN DIA HACE POCO SE ATREVIO, DE SINVERGUENZA, A METERSE CON MI RELIGION, SIN YO HABERLE TOCADO A USTED NINGUN PUNTO DE SU RELIGION PERSONAL,....YA LE DIGO, SI NO LE GUSTA COMO YO LE  RESPONDO A LAS BARBARIES QUE ME EMPUJA A LA FUERZA PUES AGUANTESE Y NO SE QUEJE MAS, Y SI CONTINUA, PUES ATENGASE A LAS CONSECUENCIAS DE CONTINUAR RECIBIENDO MIS RESPUESTAS QUE LE VAN MAS QUE PERFECTAS A UN INDIVIDUO MALA LECHE Y RECOMIDO POR LA ENVIDIA Y EL ODIO COMO ES USTED.

Más en Univision.com: href="http://foro.univision.com/t5/WQBA-1140-AM/MI-RESPUESTA-A-LO-QUE-USTED-SIR-JOHN-ME-DEJO-ESCRITO...

Retirado
sirjohn

IMPEACH OBAMA FOR TREASON !!!!

LA “FLEXIBILIDAD” DE OBAMA CON   VLADIMIR PUTIN.

Por Charles Krauthammer

Traducción de Alfredo M. Cepero

“En todos estos asuntos, pero particularmente en misiles  de  defensa, esto puede ser resuelto; pero es importante que él (Putin) me  dé  tiempo...Esta es mi última elección. Después de estas elecciones,  tendré más  flexibilidad” . Palabras de Barack Obama a Dmitry Medvedev el  pasado 26 de marzo  sin darse cuenta de que el micrófono estaba  activo.

No se supone que usted escuche al presidente de los  Estados  Unidos diciendo secreticos—por lo menos creyendo que no está  siendo  escuchado—sobre posibles concesiones en futuras negociaciones con  mandatarios  extranjeros. Ahora bien, le advierte que debe esperar porque  si su pueblo se  entera de esas concesiones perdería las próximas  elecciones.

De ninguna manera, se apresura a decir un vocero de la  Casa  Blanca tratando de limitar el daño. Y agrega que el presidente  estaba  simplemente explicando que el control de armamentos es demasiado  complicado para  negociarlo en un año en que tanto Rusia como los Estados  Unidos están  enfrascados en elecciones presidenciales.

Pamplinas. En primer lugar, comparar las elecciones rusas  con  las norteamericanas es una burla. Las elecciones en Rusia fueron  fraudulentas.  Putin gobernaba antes. Putin gobierna después.

Obama habla de las dificultades de una transición  presidencial  soviética. ¿Cual transición? Esto es un chiste de mal gusto.  Las elecciones no  ejercieron efecto alguno sobre la capacidad de Putin  para negociar lo que le  viniera en ganas.

En cuanto a las elecciones norteamericanas, el problema no  es  que este sea un asunto complicado. El problema es que si los votantes  se enteran  de la “flexibilidad” de Obama de hacer concesiones unilaterales  a los rusos en  cuestiones de defensa podrían pensarlo dos veces antes de  votar por él por  segunda vez.

Después de todo nos preguntamos, ¿que hace Obama en  primer  lugar negociando nuestros sistemas de misiles de defensa? No  estamos obligados a  hacerlo. El Tratado de Misiles Anti-Balísticos es una  reliquia de la Guerra Fría  que murió una muerte natural en el  2002.

Nosotros contamos con una inmensa superioridad tecnológica  en  el campo de misiles de defensa. Es una ventaja estratégica que durante  tres  décadas los rusos han estado tratando que renunciemos a ella. ¿Por  qué  renunciar? ¿Para aplacar a Putin? En el 2009, Obama canceló  abruptamente los  sistemas de misiles de defensa que los checos y polacos,  en abierto desafío a  los rusos, nos permitieron instalar en sus  territorios. ¿Qué sentido tiene  seguir haciendo concesiones?

Carece de todo sentido. Tratando se subsanar la metedura  de  pata, Obama explicó la forma en que se propone reducir el arsenal  nuclear y  disminuir nuestra dependencia de las armas nucleares. En cuyo  caso, debería de  aumentar nuestros sistemas de misiles defensivos en vez  de debilitarlos,  desmantelarlos o negociar su reducción para complacer a  los rusos. Mientras  menos armas nucleares tengamos para disuadir un  ataque, mayor necesidad tenemos  de un efectivo sistema defensivo contra  ataques nucleares. Si, tal como lo ha  dicho, el objetivo de Obama es el  desarme nuclear, eliminar las defensas es  totalmente ilógico.

De todas maneras, Obama le dice a los rusos que no se   preocupen. Una vez pasado el umbral de su “última elección”, cuando ya no  esté  sujeto a presiones de tipo electoral, mostrará mayor “flexibilidad” en las  negociaciones sobre misiles defensivos. Otra concesión para  promover su nueva  política de contemporización con Rusia. ¿Cuál es el  motivo? ¿No ha sido un  fracaso total su nueva política hacia  Rusia?

Pasemos revista a los acontecimientos. Además de cancelar  los  sistemas de misiles defensivos en Polonia y la República Checa, Obama  les dió a  los rusos acceso a la Organización Mundial de Comercio y un  tratado sobre  limitación armamentos que ellos necesitaban porque sus armas  son obsoletas y  nosotros no. Y ha llegado al escándalo de ignorar las  violaciones de derechos  humanos y el desmantelamiento de la democracia por  parte de los jerarcas del  Kremlin. Hasta llegó al extremo de felicitar a  Putin por ganar unas elecciones a  todas luces fraudulentas.

¿Que nos ha dado Rusia a cambio de estas concesiones? Ha   obstruido y debilitado nuestras sanciones contra Irán y construido un  reactor  nuclear para ese régimen terrorista. Al mismo tiempo, proporciona  armamentos a  Bashar al-Assad para que siga masacrando a su propio pueblo y  Putin ha efectuado  una campaña presidencial donde ataca en forma virulenta  a Estados Unidos. Como  si fuera poco, Moscú continúa ejerciendo presiones  sobre Europa Oriental y ha  amenazado a Georgia.

Una vez pasadas las elecciones de noviembre, ¿en cuales   asuntos como Irán, Siria, Europa Oriental o los derechos humanos esta  Obama  dispuesto a negociar con mayor “flexibilidad” con Putin? ¿En qué  otras  cuestiones estará Obama dispuesto a ofrecer mayor “flexibilidad” a  nuestros  adversarios? ¿Le dará mayor asistencia a Corea del Norte?  ¿Debilitará aún más  las fuertes sanciones del Senado contra  Irán?

¿Puede usted imaginarse las presiones que un Obama  reelecto  ejercería sobre Israel, el tipo de ansiedad que induciría desde  Georgia hasta el  Golfo Pérsico y el tipo de nerviosismo que sentirían  nuestros amigos en Europa  Oriental. Estos amigos, después de haber sido  traicionados antes por Obama,  tendrían razones para estar preocupados por  los designios imperialistas de  Putín, quién ha declarado que la mayor  catástrofe del Siglo Veinte fue la caída  del Imperio Soviético.

Ellos no saben. Nosotros no sabemos. Nosotros nunca  habríamos  sabido lo que iba a pasar de no haber sido por el micrófono  activo que registró  el intercambio con Medvedev que Obama creyó que sería  secreto. El único que se  suponía lo supiera era Putin. “Yo le daré el  mensaje a Vladimir”, aseguró  Medvedev. Y este último agregó: “Estoy  contigo”. Un gran apoyo de la marioneta  de Putin que es suficiente para  causar escalofríos a amigos y aliados,  demócratas y disidentes, en los  cuatro rincones del mundo.

Retirado
siboneyes

Re: IMPEACH OBAMA FOR TREASON !!!!

OBAMA LOSING SUPPORT AS HE PANDERS

OPINION: Obama could be the Republican MVP

By Catholic Online (NEWS CONSORTIUM)
March 31st, 2012
Catholic Online (www.catholic.org)

President Obama has long been criticized for his policies, but now more and more people are criticizing him for his conduct as President. There have always been those who dislike him for his affiliations, his controversial history, and even (sadly) for his race. Now Obama is giving people something more-and real to dislike.

LOS ANGELES, CA (Catholic Online) - President Obama is being seen by more and more people as a disingenuous, bad faith actor. This perception is key. While the current crop of Republican candidates are being panned as uninspiring, public disillusionment with the administration is also high.

Recently, Peggy Noonan wrote an op-ed for the Wall Street Journal, “Not-So Smooth Operator.” Noonan calls Obama as she sees him, which is as a deceptive politico.

This matters because the coming election will be close, and Obama’s perception will be a critical factor.

There’s a lot to talk about. From Obama’s personal war with Catholics, to his hard-line stance against Israel, he’s bleeding support.

Recently, during negotiations with Russian President Dmitry Medvedev, he promised “flexibility” on the issue of missile defense - after the coming election. A statement he made with an open mike during what he assumed was a private moment. The gaffe is telling - it suggests Obama is being dishonest with the American people.

Worse, it suggests he’s selling out to domestic and foreign interests and his obligation to serve the people isn’t being fulfilled. For longtime detractors, this is nothing new, but for former supporters, the realization is upsettingly fresh.

And the upset grows. His comments on the Trayvon Martin case seemed trivial and self-serving rather than a genuine expression of sorrow and a pledge to see justice served.

Perhaps President Obama’s crowning offense has been, and continues to be, the healthcare debacle which finally saw its day(s) in court last week. While home values decline, unemployment and under-employment remains high, wages stay low amid fears of inflation, and international issues become crises, Obama seems to be able to do little more than make domestic enemies.

Main Street continues to reel from the recession (Wall Street is just fine, thank you) and Obama’s top priority appears to be ensuring women can get free access to birth control and abortifacients.

Even the “compromise” he put forward to assuage the ire of Christians, particularly Catholics, over the HHS edict seemed superficial and contrived. Worse, his compromise did nothing to improve the situation either politically, or in reality.

The public has already lashed out at Obama once. In the 2010 midterm elections America seated a Republican majority in Congress. This has forced Obama adopt centrist positions on many issues, but his concessions are forced and Americans can feel it, and even many of his supporters don’t like it.

If Obama loses the election in November, few people will mourn. Obama has been given four years, two with control of the House and Senate. Despite that control, Obama could not fix the economy, stave off a growing crisis with Iran, or otherwise improve the quality of life for Americans. It can be debated how much control he actually had over these issues, but had they improved he would certainly be quick to claim credit.

Even his legacy legislation - healthcare reform, seems destined for disaster.

We expect Republicans to say and do everything they can to defeat Obama. We do not expect Obama to help them - but so far he’s doing a good job.

Retirado
siboneyes

Re: MI RESPUESTA A LO QUE USTED, SIR JOHN, ME DEJO ESCRITO;

Obama throws his own 85-year-old grandmother under the wheels of the BS Express

From Obama's Wright speech:

I can no more disown [Rev. Dr. Wright] than I can disown the black community. I can no more disown him than I can my white grandmother – a woman who helped raise me, a woman who sacrificed again and again for me, a woman who loves me as much as she loves anything in this world, but a woman who once confessed her fear of black men who passed by her on the street, and who on more than one occasion has uttered racial or ethnic stereotypes that made me cringe.

A careful look at this incident as Obama described it on pp. 88-91 of Dreams from My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance shows that Obama is slandering his elderly grandmother to make Rev. Dr. Wright look better. Obama's white grandmother, Madelyn Dunham, who was raising him and earning most of the money in the family while his own mother was off in Indonesia working on her 1067 page dissertation on peasant blacksmithing, rode the bus each morning to her job as a bank executive. One day, the 16-18 year old Obama wakes up to an argument between his grandmother and grandfather. She didn't want to ride the bus because she had been hassled by a bum at the bus stop. She tells him:

"Her lips pursed with irritation. 'He was very aggressive, Barry. Very aggressive. I gave him a dollar and he kept asking. If the bus hadn't come, I think he might have hit me over the head."

So why didn't Obama's lefty grandfather want to drive his own wife to work? Because to help his wife avoid the hostile, dangerous panhandler would be morally wrong, because the potential mugger was ... Well, I'll let Sen. Obama tell the story:

"He turned around and I saw that he was shaking. 'It is a big deal. It's a big deal to me. She's been bothered by men before. You know why she's so scared this time. I'll tell you why. Before you came in, she told me the fella was black.' He whispered the word. 'That's the real reason why she's bothered. And I just don't think that right.'

"The words were like a fist in my stomach, and I wobbled to regain my composure. In my steadiest voice, I told him that such an attitude bothered me, too, but reassured him that Toot's fears would pass and that we should give her a ride in the meantime. Gramps slumped into a chair in the living room and said he was sorry he had told me. Before my eyes, he grew small and old and very sad. I put my hand on his shoulder and told him that it was all right, I understood.

"We remained like that for several minutes, in painful silence. Finally he insisted that he drive Toot after all, and I thought about my grandparents. They had sacrificed again and again for me. They had poured all their lingering hopes into my success. Never had they given me reason to doubt their love; I doubted if they ever would. And yet I knew that men who might easily have been my brothers could still inspire their rawest fear."

Then Obama drives over for counseling to the house of his grandfather's friend Frank, an old black Communist Party USA member, who tells him:

"What I'm trying to tell you is, your grandma's right to be scared. She's at least as right as Stanley is. She understands that black people have a reason to hate. That's just how it is. For your sake, I wish it were otherwise. But it's not. So you might as well get used to it."

"Frank closed his eyes. His breathing slowed until he seemed to be asleep. I thought about waking him, then decided against it and walked back to the car. The earth shook under my feet, ready to crack open at any moment. I stopped, trying to steady myself, and knew for the first time that I was utterly alone."

Man, what a family full of drama queens! And now Obama is equating his own grandma, who was the main breadwinner in this dysfunctional family circus (and who is still alive, living in the Honolulu highrise where this scene took place), with Rev. Dr. God Damn America.

Classy.

The Washington Monthly's liberal blogger Kevin Drum, who voted for Obama, commented about this scene and others:

"Obama routinely describes himself feeling the deepest, most painful emotions imaginable (one event is like a "fist in my stomach," for example, and he "still burned with the memory" a full year after a minor incident in college), but these feelings seem to be all out of proportion to the actual events of his life, which are generally pretty pedestrian."

So, in summary, let's look at how Obama smeared his own elderly but very much alive grandmother, calling her:

"a woman who once confessed her fear of black men who passed by her on the street, and who on more than one occasion has uttered racial or ethnic stereotypes that made me cringe."

Well, no, according to Obama's 1995 book, it is not at all true that she "once confessed her fear of black men who passed by her on the street." Instead, she once confessed her fear of one aggressive black beggar who didn't pass by her but instead confronted her, demanded money, and then gave her -- an intelligent, level-headed woman who had worked her way up to a mid-level corporate management -- good reason to believe he would have violently mugged her if her bus hadn't pulled up.

If this was some doofus politician like Bush or Biden who retold the story in a misleading fashion, you might view it as just their usual struggle with using the English language to get across what they really kind of, sort of mean. But Obama is so superb with words that it's perfectly reasonable to hold him accountable for choosing to slander his own living grandmother for his political advantage.

Retirado
sirjohn

OBAMA IS THE PRESIDENT OF SOME AMERICANS

OBAMA IS THE PRESIDENT OF SOME AMERICANS

GrassTopsUSA Exclusive Commentary

By Don Feder 04/02/2012

The Obama presented to voters during the 2008 campaign — the post-racial healer, the leader who could bridge the partisan gap and unite us — was a lie: a carefully crafted façade (complete with fake Greek pillars) to hide a radical determined to remake America in his image.

Obama isn’t the president of the American people, but of his people. Never has a president had more contempt for the majority of those he governs.

He’s the president of aggrieved minorities (and white proponents of “racial justice”), not of Americans who think in terms of justice, not race.

He’s the president of feminists, not Catholics or women who marry, raise children and keep humanity going.

He’s the president of public-employee unions, not the taxpayers they feed on.

He’s the president of the global-warming, carbon-foot-print, green-jobs crowd, not motorists who are bleeding at the pump and those concerned about our dependence on foreign oil.

He’s the president of Muslims, not of Christians and Jews.

He’s the president of gay activists, not family advocates and those who are fighting the deconstruction of marriage.

Obama can run for reelection, but he can’t hide from himself. His reaction to the Trayvon Martin case was, well, so him. “If I had a son he’d look like Trayvon,” the president said of the 17-year-old shot and killed in Florida.

What does it matter who Trayvon Martin looked like? If he resembled one of Mitt Romney’s sons, would the president even care? Does he care about the 300 Americans murdered each week, where killer and victim frequently resemble him?

Obama’s unspoken message: “Trayvon was a person of color, like me, who was killed by a man who looks white (but is actually a mixed-race Hispanic), because America is a nation of gun-toting racists where it’s open season on black men.” During the 2008 campaign, Frau Obama informed us that, “as a black man…Barack can get shot for going to the gas station.” And that was before the price at the pump hit $3.80 a gallon, thanks to his radical environmentalist policies.

Like his mentor, the Reverend Jeremiah Wright, Obama believes, “Racism is how this country was founded and how it still runs.”

After his friend, Harvard Professor Henry Louis Gates was arrested for getting belligerent with Cambridge cops investigating a possible break-in, the president said the police “behaved stupidly.” This was followed by one of Obama’s classic America-the-not-so-hot homilies, “There’s a long history in this country of African-Americans and Latinos being stopped by law-enforcement disproportionately” — also known as the legacy of disproportionate stopping.

As if to balance the books, Obama’s Justice Department refused to prosecute New Black Panther Party leaders for a clear case of voter intimidation in the 2008 election.

(The Black Panthers just offered a $10,000 bounty for the “capture” of George Zimerman, the Florida shooter.) The Justice Department opened an investigation of Zimmerman for civil rights violations, before all of the facts are known, but refuses to take any action against the NBP lynch mob. This is what passes for justice in post-racial Obama-land.

The president shows concern selectively. If he had a white daughter who was a whiny “reproductive rights” crusader, she’d probably look like Sandra Fluke. Obama placed a phone call to the Georgetown Law student, after Rush Limbaugh said mean things about her, after she told a “hearing” staged by Nancy Pelosi that the Catholic institution should be forced to provide her with contraceptives through its student health plan.

In Obama’s world, sexually active single woman have a right to their contraceptives and morning-after abortion pills, paid for by someone else. Catholics and evangelicals have no right to freedom of conscience, but must be forced to violate the tenets of their faith by facilitating pre-marital **noallow** and abortion.

Last month, the AFL-CIO “enthusiastically” endorsed Obama’s reelection bid. This was as unexpected as Boston Mayor Tom Menino’s announcement that he was rooting for the New England Patriots in the AFC championship. The American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees, the Service Employees International Union and the National Education Association all announced they were backing Obama late last year.

Consider Obama’s words in support of striking Wisconsin public workers in 2011: “I don’t think it does anybody any good when public employees are denigrated or vilified or their rights are infringed upon.” Denigration, vilification and rights-infringement are here defined as asking public workers to pay more toward their health insurance and lavish pensions.

Public employees, the pampered pets of the Democratic Party, don’t work for us. We work for them.

According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, last year, the average public employee earned 26.3% more than his private-sector counterpart in salary and benefits. In Wisconsin, focus of public-slug indignation, between 2001 and 2010, tax-serfs were forced to contribute $48 billion to state-employee health plans, compared to the $398 million, or 5% of the total, the dedicated public servants kicked in themselves. Badger State public workers contributed even less (.5%) toward their pensions. In the real world, 80% of employees don’t even get a pension.

This year, the AFL-CIO, AFSCME, SEIU and the rest will contribute hundreds of millions to Democratic candidates. As far as Obama is concerned, the nation’s tax-serfs could be hitched to a plow for 14-hours a day to pay salaries and benefits of the public employees in the plantation house.

When Barack Obama took office, the price of gas was $1.85 a gallon. Now, it’s around $3.80. Not my fault… prices fluctuate … Arab Spring … fighting in Iraq … uh, uh, excess profits of oil companies, the president blathers.

This is a president who says no to the Keystone XL Pipeline (which would have delivered 70,000 barrels a day to this country), but is planning to spend $14 million to develop algae-based bio-fuels. Solyndra si, drilling no. Thus far this year, 23% of all proposed drilling plans have been approved, compared to an historical average of 73%.

Obama’s energy policy could be the result of total incompetence (never to be discounted in regard to the messiah-in-chief), or it could be deliberate.

Regarding energy prices, candidate Obama told us, “I think it is important for us to send some price signals, to change behavior.” This is lib-speak for: “If we force the consumer-pigs to pay more for gas, electricity, etc., they’ll use less.” Future Energy Secretary Steven Chu told The Wall Street Journal he’d like to see European-level gas prices, to drive Americans to alternative energy sources. Chu now says he no longer believes that – as if he has a choice.

Candidate Obama again: “We can’t drive our SUVs … and keep our homes on 72 degrees at all times…and then expect that other countries are going to say OK.”

Obama cares about Al Gore’s fantasies, not the family forced to pay $50 to fill its SUV. He cares about carbon footprints, not the commuter whose monthly gas bill is beginning to look like the tab for one of the First Couple’s date nights.

Turning reality on its head – and spinning it like a whirling dervish – in a 2009 speech to the Turkish parliament, the president said Americans “do not consider ourselves a Christian nation,” but “we will convey our deep appreciation for the Islamic faith, which has done so much to shape the world – including my own country.” Where would terrorism be without it? Imagine Buddhists rushing the pilot’s cabin chanting “Ommmmm.”

Let’s see, it says “In Allah We Trust” on our currency. The founding fathers had names like Mohammed and Osama. The anti-slavery and civil-rights movements came out of American mosques. Obama is Ramadan dinners, not National Day of Prayer.

“Deep appreciation” equals – Islam can do no wrong, which is why his Defense Department attributed the Fort Hood massacre, perpetrated by a sura-spouting Muslim major, to “work-related stress.” In 2010, Barack Hussein went to bat for the Ground Zero mosque. When was the last time he championed construction of a church or synagogue? No wonder 12% of Americans think their president is a Muslim – the same percentage of Democrats as Republicans – according to a 2009 Pew Research survey.

Homosexuals are another of the president’s favorite constituencies. His aides are now hinting that he’ll officially back gay marriage after the election – big surprise. Since he became president, Obama has: successfully pushed repeal of the military’s Don’t Ask Don’t Tell policy, announced that the Justice Department will no longer defend the Defense of Marriage Act (in violation of his oath to see that laws are faithfully executed), made the federal workplace more gay-friendly and made promoting gay rights abroad a foreign-policy priority.

Other than wearing a bra and dancing on top of a flatbed-truck in a gay-pride parade, it’s hard to imagine what more Obama could do to wed himself to a group which represents, at most, 2% of the population – who, in his estimation, clearly count for more than the voters of 33 states who’ve passed constitutional amendments to keep marriage the union of a man and a woman. Hey, I thought Obama liked unions?

Like his comments to Russian President Medvedev (when he didn’t know the microphone was live), Obama is most revealing when he thinks he’s speaking off-the-record – such as at a 2008 San Francisco fundraiser.

Obama’s view of Middle America, the overwhelming majority of the country, can be summed up by his bitter-clinger comments: In times of economic distress, the hoi-polloi get “bitter” and “cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren’t like them or anti-immigrant sentiment….”

Obama believes the nation he governs is composed of gun nuts, religious fanatics, racists and xenophobes – who look nothing like the son he doesn’t have.

Barack Obama has no interest in being the president of the slandered majority – other than to reform them by brute force.